Rib Eye
New member
Hi all.
Here is an interesting tip if you ever go to change a clutch lever on a KTM690R.
The stock lever costs mucho money, but has a slight difference than from a typical aftermarket lever.
Here are a few pictures to explain.
Notice the stock lever on the left has a small raised oval bump, while the aftermarket lever on the right does not. Very important detail - this bump makes contact with the clutch switch. Without it, you cannot start the bike while in gear.Put the bike in neutral and the bike would start up just fine.
Kind of a pain in the butt, but not to be out done I came up with a solution. Since I already had a few aftermarket levers kicking around, I desided to try my handand modified the much cheaper and more readily available lever.
Icarefully drilled out a very shallow holefor a aluminum -5D blind rivet. Then with a little metalset (or JB weld) I glued the rivet in place. (right-most lever)
Valla! It works - and nobody is allowed to ask why I know this...
Here is an interesting tip if you ever go to change a clutch lever on a KTM690R.
The stock lever costs mucho money, but has a slight difference than from a typical aftermarket lever.
Here are a few pictures to explain.
Notice the stock lever on the left has a small raised oval bump, while the aftermarket lever on the right does not. Very important detail - this bump makes contact with the clutch switch. Without it, you cannot start the bike while in gear.Put the bike in neutral and the bike would start up just fine.
Kind of a pain in the butt, but not to be out done I came up with a solution. Since I already had a few aftermarket levers kicking around, I desided to try my handand modified the much cheaper and more readily available lever.
Icarefully drilled out a very shallow holefor a aluminum -5D blind rivet. Then with a little metalset (or JB weld) I glued the rivet in place. (right-most lever)
Valla! It works - and nobody is allowed to ask why I know this...