New seat to replace the stock 2x4

R

roninja

Guest
Any suggestions on a more comfortable seat for a 2007 KTM 450 EXC? Gel seat or something?

The stock one is killing my butt.

Thanks
 

cactusreid

Active member
i,ve got a guts racing soft/wide offroad foam and cover on my 525. it far better than the stock POS! it takes a while to break in, so don't be disappointed the first few rides on it. lots of folks also like the endro engineering tall soft seat. i find this bike feels] very tall in the tight stuff, so i went with the low and wider seat. it's no 650l style of seat,but way better than ktms.
 
R

roninja

Guest
Thanks cactusreid.

I am 6'6 240lbs so I wouldn't be put off by the taller seat. Thanks I'm going to check them out.
 

PaulBurke

New member
I found the EE Tall was good for about 45 min of asphalt before permanent nerve damage set in, which is about 30 minutes longer than stock. After riding a 7 or 8 hours straight on asphalt (from Creel,MX back to Douglas AZ) on the EE seat, I bought the Renazco Racing saddle. Same configuration as the dakar bikes and I love it! Takes a while to break in as well, about 900 kms or so, but great stuff!
477557801_usj25-L.jpg
 

sam

New member
+1 on the Renazco seat. I've had one on my 625smc for a couple of years and it is the best seat I've had. I also have an EE soft low seat on my 200sx which is great for off road rding. The renazco is better for long hours in the saddle but is much more $$$$$.
 

vexorg

Flinger of mud
I got the EE standard height soft seat and it does the job for me. Riding with the stock seat from North Van to Squamish my butt would feel like it was on fire by the time I got there, but now I can go for about 6 hrs at a time with the new seat before any discomfort starts. One of the guys I ride with (fjr eh) has a gel seat which feels too hard for my liking, but he says it works well for all-day riding for him. Perhaps one of the reasons for this may be our difference in weight: I weigh about 150 lbs and he weighs around 200 lbs. Perhaps when people mention what seat works well for them they should also mention how much they weigh.
 

blocker

New member
I have a Corbin on my KTM 400-2005. With gear I weight 190. I also wear bike shorts with lots of padding. It is molded convex to fit my butt. Is wide for sitting and narrow up front
 
Top