Hi there newbie again.
My buddy had a look at my rear sprocket at it looked like the teeth were getting somewhat pointy (ie: worn).When I bought the bike (~5 000km ago) Iunderstood the chain and sprockets were fairly new. My chain adjustment marker still has 50% adjustment left. Don't chain and sprockets for the most part wear evenly? So if I have 50% of my chain left to adjust shouldn't my sprocket have ~50% life left?
Is there a way of measuing the wear (ie: the space between the teeth etc.) to see if its within tolerences? I've looked at the drawings of warn sprockets but I'm still stumped on this issue.
I took a coupld of pics of my rear sprocket, I'm hoping you can have a look and let me know how it looks. I've got a 2 week trip planned and I want to make sure my chain and sprockets are not going to fail me.
If my sprockets and chain are pooched what is the best replacement brandand from where? How much am I looking at paying?
Should I change my rear sprocket # of teeth (stock is 43) while I have this chance or should I leave enough alone?
Thanks in advance folks!
My buddy had a look at my rear sprocket at it looked like the teeth were getting somewhat pointy (ie: worn).When I bought the bike (~5 000km ago) Iunderstood the chain and sprockets were fairly new. My chain adjustment marker still has 50% adjustment left. Don't chain and sprockets for the most part wear evenly? So if I have 50% of my chain left to adjust shouldn't my sprocket have ~50% life left?
Is there a way of measuing the wear (ie: the space between the teeth etc.) to see if its within tolerences? I've looked at the drawings of warn sprockets but I'm still stumped on this issue.
I took a coupld of pics of my rear sprocket, I'm hoping you can have a look and let me know how it looks. I've got a 2 week trip planned and I want to make sure my chain and sprockets are not going to fail me.
If my sprockets and chain are pooched what is the best replacement brandand from where? How much am I looking at paying?
Should I change my rear sprocket # of teeth (stock is 43) while I have this chance or should I leave enough alone?
Thanks in advance folks!