V-Strom 650 opinions please.

M

Mercenary

Guest
Hi folks. I am in the beggining stages of planning a cross-Canada road trip by bike and am planning on buying another bike. My sights are set on the Vstrom 650 right now and I need a bit of feedback.

I would like to know about how this bike performs off pavement. I would mainly run dirt FSR roads and the like. I would probably not see any single track or any other difficult terrain besides those FSR roads that I mentioned. I think that the Strom would be more than capable of handling what I throw at it but I would like to hear from someone who has one for an opinion on the subject.

I have a couple of specific examples of the types of roads that I will be encountering in mind. The road from Clinton over to Pavillion would definetly be on my hit list. The Hurley road from Pemberton to Gold bridge is on there as well. Would the Strom be capable of handling this type of terrain?

As you can see, this is the type of riding that I like to do. For the more intense rides, I keep my KX500 around for.

Any opinions appreciated.



Sean
 
6

640in604

Guest
imported post

imported post

I have not ridden the Strom, but it seems like a great bike for the cross Canada ride. I think there isa coupleguys on advrider.com that have ridden those roads on a strom, and I have read about others riding much more extreme off road with that Suzuki. Nice bike for a long ride, FWIW.

My 2cents.
ADVRIDERSMALL2.JPG
 

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
imported post

imported post

Last year I took the Vstrom 650 for a demo ride, I was very impressed. Lots of power and wonderfull handling. Still can't get over the looks:(. A perfect bike for one up riding. Lots of value for the money, a bike for real world riding.
 
M

Mercenary

Guest
imported post

imported post

Gee, I thought the Strom looked great. Guess I am a part of a small number of people who do eh? Well, to be fair, I think the KLR looks great too!



Thanks for the replies guys:hb:
 
V

vstrombc

Guest
imported post

imported post

Hi Mercenary,
Yes, the V-Stroms can handle light off roading. In fact, they can handle pretty rough terrain, as I experienced last Sept on the Harrison Lake road. They are excellent for long trips and dead reliable.

check the following links to see where I have taken my 1000.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47146
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48367
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53308&highlight=loadedpalooza
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25173

and click this link for a canadian test.
http://www.cmgonline.com/bikes/models/Suzuki/DL650/2004/test/index.html

feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
 

Attachments

  • vs np.jpg
    vs np.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 0
Top