Vancouver to Niagara Falls

macguy

Member
Hello happy Thursday everyone !

Looking to see if anyone has a route they can share with me from Vancouver BC to Niagara Falls (Canada only)

Thank you in advance
 

04klr

Well-known member
all paved?
will get back to this post as I've got a route previously taken that is very much the road less travelled, missing most all of the trans canada hwy and makes the prairies almost interesting, almost. haha.
 

Fatherwes

New member
I’m very interested in your less travelled route…
I will be heading out from Shuswap to Labrador & Newfoundland in a couple weeks. I have planned a route that incorporates a lot of grid roads, forestry roads, and secondary highways. My plan is intended as a general guide. I am going solo, and I anticipate deviating often. Definitely open to possibilities I might have missed!
 

Fatherwes

New member
So is there a way to get to Niagara Falls from Canada only ?
Absolutely. Stay north of Lake Superior, around the north of Huron, on down past Toronto, through Hamilton and toward Buffalo on Queen Elizabeth Way. You’ll see signs for the Canadian side of the falls before you hit the USA border.
 

04klr

Well-known member
At least the road from the end of the Crowsnest pass to Ontario can be the road less travelled. Just on the north side of the line that separates us from them (U.S.) is the 500/501 road. This road has probably 1000k of good gravel and little used pavement as it passes by a great many small towns that are getting smaller by the day. While you are never really very far from the, oh so boring, TCH this route is oh so quiet and though pretty flat is very scenic. The road takes you to near Lake of the the Woods Ont. about where you can cross into the states and take quiet roads across Minnesota and Wisconsin farther east on quiet roads. From there you could stay in the states and work your way across or go back to Canada (or stay there all along) on your way to the better half of the falls, which is in Canada, eh!
 

Fatherwes

New member
Good to hear! My tentative route was actually following the 500/501 across southern Alberta, with a possible side trip down to Police Outpost Provincial Park. I’m planning a similar, border-hugging route across Sask but will head more north as I enter Manitoba near Duck Mountain Park. Manitoba route will depend on the flooding…
I plan to stay north of Superior and have a bunch of alternative routes & loops through Ontario. Something like this…
1654101763182.png
 
Top