What's Different for the 2008 KRL Tank:

fijigod

New member
I'm looking into getting a new tank for my 2008 KLR 650 and I'm wondering if it's the same design as the 2007 and earlier models..???

They look very similar, but, I want to be 100% sure before purchasing an IMS tank (or similar)...

Any info would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks.
:shoot:
 
G

Guest

Guest
imported post

imported post

fijigod wrote:
I'm looking into getting a new tank for my 2008 KLR 650 and I'm wondering if it's the same design as the 2007 and earlier models..???

They look very similar, but, I want to be 100% sure before purchasing an IMS tank (or similar)...

Any info would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks.
:shoot:


Maybe call your dealer and see if they have the same part #'s.

But i thought they looked different to me, just a bit, not a lot....but i am just guessing.

Maybe park and 08 and an earlier bike side by side and really look and measure closely.
 

fijigod

New member
imported post

imported post

Thanks.

I found out they are pretty close to the same, but have different spots on them to attach the fairings. The O8 have little tabs on the upper sides of the tanks where as earlier ones don't....

So, I'm stuck using a 08 tank or newer if I want to replace it, I don't feel like welding things onto my tank, since I can't weld for starters... lol...

Thanks again.
 

Yak_KLR650

New member
imported post

imported post

If you are looking at an IMS tank or similar, those do away with the tank shrouds anyway (on 07 and earlier). If the IMS tank fits the 08 you save your plastics for when you sell the bike.
 
Top