Which XR to buy, 400 or 600?

farmerger

Member
OK, I'm getting ready to add to the stable. I've got it down to two choices the XR400 and the XR600. Done a ton of research, and there is a lot of info on the 400, which has me leaning that way, but it seems the better deals are to be had with the 600. So, anyone care to opine on the virtues of these two machines, head to head.

For reference, the idea is to dualsport the bike (if its not already) but do a lot more dirt than street with this bike. I've done dirt on my KLR and GS, but want to get a lot better in the dirt than those two machines allow. That being said, most of my riding partners have the big 650 dualsports, so I need to try and keep up with these guys on the faster sections. I also have no intentions of motocrossing or riding a trail I wouldn't take my horse down.

Thanks.
 

farmerger

Member
imported post

imported post

Yak_KLR650 wrote:
farmerger wrote:
I also have no intentions of motocrossing or riding a trail I wouldn't take my horse down.

Thanks.
You don't even like horses!
I have had an attitude adjustment, as apparently, that kind of sentiment is not conductive towards purchasing a second motorcycle. Go figure.:D
 

farmerger

Member
imported post

imported post

joker650 wrote:
I also have no intentions of motocrossing or riding a trail I wouldn't take my horse down.

Thanks.




650
The 650 is out of the budget, not to mention it has radiators, and you know how I like to drop my bike at any opportunity.:mad3:

PS. If none of us are working this am, you guys want to go for coffee?
 

joker650

Active member
imported post

imported post

The 650 is out of the budget, not to mention it has radiators, and you know how I like to drop my bike at any opportunity.:mad3:

PS. If none of us are working this am, you guys want to go for coffee?



Sorry Gerry...I ment the 600.



Not sure what's up today. Gunna head up to Home Depo and check out some supplies for the kid's hi-bed with an "office" underneath. And here I thought I cleaned out the shop to work on the bikes!



Will prolly be up there bout 12:30 or so . Then a coffe would be goooood.

As for Doug. He works for the Government.....so he really doesn't "work" too much but still pilfers our tax dollers to keep the KLR running. He's prolly there right now, sitting behind his BIG Oak desk...getting paid by money out of our pockets and surfing the NET for bike stuff.:mad3:
 

farmerger

Member
imported post

imported post

joker650 wrote:
The 650 is out of the budget, not to mention it has radiators, and you know how I like to drop my bike at any opportunity.:mad3:

PS. If none of us are working this am, you guys want to go for coffee?



Sorry Gerry...I ment the 600.



Not sure what's up today. Gunna head up to Home Depo and check out some supplies for the kid's hi-bed with an "office" underneath. And here I thought I cleaned out the shop to work on the bikes!



Will prolly be up there bout 12:30 or so . Then a coffe would be goooood.

As for Doug. He works for the Government.....so he really doesn't "work" too much but still pilfers our tax dollers to keep the KLR running. He's prolly there right now, sitting behind his BIG Oak desk...getting paid by money out of our pockets and surfing the NET for bike stuff.:mad3:
Meeting the wife for lunch, (anything to get another bike), so will have to pass.
 

joker650

Active member
imported post

imported post

Yak_KLR650 wrote:
Hey my desk isn't OAK! Its CHERRY! So there!

And I am working tomorrow as well!:mad3:


Me too.......I gotta work O.T. so u can make ur millions tomorrow:mad3:

Maybe if I have to work Saturday and Sunday u can get that Teak desk u been eyeing up:ted:



Sorry for the Hi-jak Gerry:)
 

farmerger

Member
imported post

imported post

joker650 wrote:
Yak_KLR650 wrote:
Hey my desk isn't OAK! Its CHERRY! So there!

And I am working tomorrow as well!:mad3:


Me too.......I gotta work O.T. so u can make ur millions tomorrow:mad3:

Maybe if I have to work Saturday and Sunday u can get that Teak desk u been eyeing up:ted:



Sorry for the Hi-jak Gerry:)
No worries, I knew from the get go this was going to go sideways.....quickly!

Doug,

you are going to love this I found an 04 XR400 in WA state and the guy wants to trade it for a horse. It gets better, my darling wife (who is standing right behind me right now), said to go ahead and trade one, or even two, of her horses for this bike.

You gotta know, she's got something big planned?!:hr:
 

Yak_KLR650

New member
imported post

imported post

farmerger wrote:
Doug,

you are going to love this I found an 04 XR400 in WA state and the guy wants to trade it for a horse. It gets better, my darling wife (who is standing right behind me right now), said to go ahead and trade one, or even two, of her horses for this bike.

You gotta know, she's got something big planned?!:hr:
I am sorry to hear that - You are so screwed, buddy!
 
Top