Wish list 07 KLR

cathouse willy

New member
The 07 season is on its way and I have a wish list for the Klr.It includes 14 tooth front sprocket ,foot pegs ,engine guard and lots more.I know of several Usa dualsport suppliers but I'd rather deal with Canadian companies.Anyone suggest a good Canadian dualsport supplier?
 
D

dooveman

Guest
imported post

imported post

The only canadian supplier I use is Burnaby Kawasaki. And it's not for the cheap prices. It's for the convenience. They have alot in stock and you can go and pick it up and Manny in the parts dep. knows alot and won't upsell. He will give you some solid advice and he sells good brands that he would use. And he even throws in a little extra.

I asked for a subframe upgrade kit. He went and got the bolt and nut and stuff for me from a hardware store and threw in the drill bit guide from when they got a prior kit from dual star. And I saved alot. He dug up a cool compact tire changing bars for me.

He also sold me a saddle bag guard, but welded an extra cross bar to make it stronger. And if you use them alot and get to know them they kick you a decent discount. So it's almost a wash and it saves alot of hassle ordering from the states.

You give your business to someone like that and they go the extra step to help you out when you get into a mess or need some help. He even offered to spend a Thursday night showing me how to change the tires quickly and without any damage to the rims.

That is worth more than the $5 you save on a new pair of pegs. Actually I bought my moose pegs off him as he asked if I had trouble with large feet and suggested the moose peg with a 1/2 inch offset. If I bought it online I wouldn't have known it was available. Now I have more clearance to the shifter.

I asked to buy spare tubes from him, and asked for the heavy duty ones. He told me to not pack heavy duty as replacement tubes. They are too big and the front tube is hard to install on the trail. I bought some lightweight ones instead. Use them for emergency only and buy the heavy duty when and if I need them.

He owned a few KLR's in the past and knows his stuff.

Brian
 
Top