X2 or acerbis headlight for DRZ 400

r_jackson

Member
I crashed the DRZ in the baja and the headlight and fuel tank took the brunt of it. Since I need to replace it anyway, what aftermarket headlight will offer an improvement to the stocker? The trail tech X-2 and Acerbis vision LED HP look good, and I saw the Cyclops on a bike in the thumper talk forums. Would like to hear from and see what others are using.
 
F

franhoser

Guest
stock is alreday pretty good at 65W. But if you want better for least amount of bucks then, BajaDesign's with the 100W bulb. Or any HID system.
 

04klr

Well-known member
my baja designs light is now (and for the last little while) busted and at 50 bucks a pop, I'm also looking for a plan "B"
 

r_jackson

Member
Cheap isn't my main factor, but a street dot approved, and good lighting are. I like the Cyclops and X2 because they have two seperate beams. Just would like to hear from anyone who has used these, or I might have to be the guinea pig.
 

r_jackson

Member
I now have the X-2 and I think it's pretty good. If I really wanted to go all out I would have bought the Britannia Composite lights, but it looks like it might not take a beating and for that kind of money I want it to be bulletproof. I compromised on cheaper, but tougher.DSCF0256.jpg
 

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
Re Britannia Composites Fairing and Light System

Your concern over the strength of this system would be unfounded, I now have 20000 kms or some pretty serious off roading with this system and it has been great. I have crashed into rocks trees and had some pretty hard falls.

I have the standard lighting which is every bit as good as the stock lighting of the DRZ and I understand the HID conversion is second to none.

I also have had the Acerbis system and was happy with the lighting but the universal mount was questionalbe, but with a little tinkering worked ok

A recent picture

 

wjm

Member
I crashed the DRZ in the baja and the headlight and fuel tank took the brunt of it. Since I need to replace it anyway, what aftermarket headlight will offer an improvement to the stocker? The trail tech X-2 and Acerbis vision LED HP look good, and I saw the Cyclops on a bike in the thumper talk forums. Would like to hear from and see what others are using.



I put mine on when I got the bike and have about 16000 Km on and like it, it give great wind protection and is standing up great. If it was Tom's rated trails, it would be easy riding but was rough enough that I need the license plate reinforced.
 

r_jackson

Member
I could have mistaken that for the stock headlight on that BMW, looks great! Nice to know it stands up to the task. Just for the hell of it, here's the stock light on mine after it went face to face with a boulder the size of a cow after flying off the bank in Baja..
DSCF0207.jpg
And here is my own personal damage
..DSCF0204.jpg
 
Top