XR 650 L pumper carb

dirty princess

New member
Does anyone have a pumper carb on their XR 650 L ? If so, are you happy with its performance. This one seems to be boggy and unresponsive. Tried several different jets, with no luck. Getting fed up, and considering putting the stock carb back on.....any help would be appreciated! :clap:
 

Bones

Member
I put a Mukuni Pumper on my XR 650 R and it made a big difference. I bought mine from XR's Only out of the states and they ask what altitudes you will be running at and jet it for you. They ship it with extra jets also.
Mad Max has a edelbrock pumper on his 650 L maybe he can help a little better.
Good Luck
 

dirty princess

New member
Well, I am happy to hear a positive result from someone. This bike was bought with the carb on it, and came with the stock one in a box of extra parts. Thanks Bones.
 

Mad Max

New member
Mine is a Sudco Racing /Keihin flat slide carb . I have no idea the jet sizes or settings as it too came on the bike.It always pulled well foir me. You may get info from Sudco if your carb is theirs. I think I still have the box with serial and model #s around if it helps.If you put the stocker back on google Daves Carb Mods It apparently works well. mudpie has done this mod and seems happy with it.

Max
 
Last edited:

mudPie

New member
Yeah the "dave's mod" works real well, gives a full power ban like a diesel, but can be retarded to start in the cold mornings. :rolleyes: tit-for tat.
 
Last edited:
Top