XR650R Exhaust: Which one?

BigCrank

New member
Hello everyone. Just looking for opinions of exhausts for my '06 XRR. Trying to keep it under $400. Local shop recommended the fmf powercore 4, but was also considering the yoshimura, or leo vince. Currently it us stock with the baffle removed. I am not too concerned with hp gains or losing too much weight, more about sound. I want something not really loud, but a "good loud", if you know what I mean.

Thanks
 

cactusreid

Active member
The quietest one should be your first choice,followed by spark arrestor and light weight. We don't need to help the straight pipe motocross mentality group get our access to riding areas shut down any quicker than it's already happening! They are doing a great job of this on there own. Please don't help take our riding rights away. Why do you think, you never hear much flak about mountain bikers-cause yah can't hear them, from 200 ft away,much less the valley below where they are happily chewing up their trails. Just my humble opinion-free advice is worth exactly what you pay for it. Rant over, thank you for your time.
 

BigCrank

New member
Hey Cactus, I totally understand your point. Sorry if I can across as a jerkoff, must be my streetriding side. I guess I should mention that I am taking the bike to Mexico with me when I move there at the end of Feb. It is in supermoto set-up right now, and thought an exhaust with a little more bark might be slightly safer. The bike does have a dirt setup so was wanting a spark arrestor when I go off road in Mazatlan.
 

BigCrank

New member
Not buying into it at all! I am well aware of the myth, but I am being honest in my neanderthal pleasure of a fine sounding exhaust. And fortunatley for me Mexico is very relaxed on their motorvehicle laws.

Yes I know this may sound childish, but like I said I am being honest and want a good clean sounding exhaust. Dont mean to offend people just looking for ideas.
 

cactusreid

Active member
Your taking it to mexico?? Well that's easy- friggin straight pipe it man!! You will fit right in down there!
 

Ti welder

New member
If you have the stock baffel
1 remove the pee shooter from the inside leaving the 1" tube inplace
2 drill the baffel plates on the inside of the muffler
3 drill the deflector on the end of spark arrestor
you will end up with a good sound, more flow, and a propper spark arrestor for zero dollars.
Don't forget to add some way larger jets as this bike runs supper lean stock. Also remove the restrictor from the intake boot and the plugs from the airbox. My 06 was a pig in it's stock form, hard to start and gutless with overheating problems but is just awsome now.
 
Top