2009 ORCA RUN sign up list

Plumberpat

imported post

imported post

Hope It's not too late...just found the web site last night.

KTM 690
C route

Entry form sent today.

Pat

gord0001a

imported post

imported post

I'm about 50/50...

Still trying to sell the GS, I have very limited off-road experience, just put knobbies on the BMW and did about 10km, and my knee (dislocated 4 times) was really bothering my from (I think) the awkwardness of the bulky F650 fuel tank, which forces you to stand bow-legged. With my noobness I don't think I could do it, even the C route, on the GS.

If I can sell the BMW and get a DRZ or something similar in time, I'm in for the C route.

G

imported post

imported post

Just checked the regis list, and my name's been added. =3

I'll be on my XT350, camping (are RV's welcome or is that a no?)

blocker

imported post

imported post

The check is in the mail.

Gordon B-- KTM 400

Greg B--KTM 450

camping

blocker

Loz

imported post

imported post

Tibarus wrote:

RV's welcome but try to save some room for the plebs in tents.

gord0001a

imported post

imported post

OK I'm in...

Gord Hooker

F650GS

C loop

Camping with a truck and camper.

Cheque/registration coming. :)

G

imported post

imported post

Loz wrote:
Tibarus wrote:

RV's welcome but try to save some room for the plebs in tents.

If it helps, I don't mind stringing a few tarps from her (the RV) to make some manner of extended tent shelter thing, or bike shelter type deal.

cslater

imported post

imported post

My wife sent my registration in last week but I don't see my name on the list yet. Is there a pile still to be sorted through?

Thanks,
Chris

K

kevin11

imported post

imported post

My entry form was sent today - can I get my name on the list to ensure that I am good to go.

If there are any t-shirts left I'm an xl size.

Thanks!

Kevin Fredrich
- A/B route
- camping
- ktm 450 exc-r

C

cerara

imported post

imported post

I'm in.

cheque and registration is in the mail.

shane hoolsema (abbotsford)

Kiwi

imported post

imported post

cslater wrote:
My wife sent my registration in last week but I don't see my name on the list yet. Is there a pile still to be sorted through?

Thanks,
Chris
This list is up to date as of yesterday. Its probably just still in the mail...

C

canon.docre

imported post

imported post

-Scott
- klr 650

- C route

-camping

bumbee

imported post

imported post

I am new to these types of events andI have signend up, but is there anything I need to navigate the C course. I do not have a GPS. Will there be maps or roll charts handed out? If roll charts do I need to pickup a roll chart holder or will they be supplied or sold at the event?

Loz

imported post

imported post

Hi there beebum.

There will be roll charts but holders will have to be purchased before the event as we don't supply them. The roll charts will come by email as letter sized pdf sheets that you will print off. You will then spend many patient hours cutting up and sticking them together to get them into one long strip. Then you'll need many more hours of cursing while feeding them into the holder, after which you'll throw the whole mess down in disgust and print off some fresh sheets and stick them in the top map pocket of your tank bag.
Alternatively you can follow someone with GPS.
Nuff said?

Buck

imported post

imported post

Like Loz said, we will email you the route sheets (also known as roll charts) a few days before the event Leave in full sheet form, slide into a tank bag map window or a big ziplock freezer bag, tape the closed end of the bag to your handlebar crossbar..and you are good to go.

Roll charts are not necessary unless you prefer to use one.

After yesterdays pre ride of the C routewe highly recommend everyone carry a Vancouver Island roadmap,to find your way back to camp in case you decide to bail early.

The C route is 300 km, and will take 6 to9 hours including the lunch stop.

sueandal

imported post

imported post

bumbee wrote:
 If roll charts do I need to pickup a roll chart holder

hey bumbee check out the site sponsors i went to gnarly parts and got one for $30 i think. Or you may find one closer if you look around?

Al

bumbee

imported post

imported post

Thanks,

guys at least I know what I am up against. I will investigate what makes sense for me...but the tank bag map pocket options sounds the best. :hb:

pittiepride

imported post

imported post

Sure there'll be lots of newbe people there so we can all hang together! Look forward to seeing everyone but not sure about 6-9 hours on the bike....ibuprofin for the morning for sure!