92 DR650 - starter needle cable : plastic mount broke!

BCP

Member
So I picked up a 92 dr650 off of a buddy that hasn't had time to ride it for quite some time, long story short is that it wouldn't start so I was in the process of taking the carb off to clean it.
Well, while removing all the pipes, cables, & fittings I managed to snap the threads off of the starter jet plastic connector (right where it goes into the front of the carb), now I have the cable housing & 12mm plastic bolt, with the threads still left in the carb (along with the spring & jet which are trapped behind it).
First things first, I'll have to fight the fitting out, and next up I'll have to replace the whole cable I presume. I'm having no luck finding any replacement parts listed anywhere, and the exploded view I have in the manual only lists the jet, nothing about the plastic fitting or cable assembly. Does any body have a part number or source for one?
 

Island Hopper

New member
So I picked up a 92 dr650 off of a buddy that hasn't had time to ride it for quite some time, long story short is that it wouldn't start so I was in the process of taking the carb off to clean it.
Well, while removing all the pipes, cables, & fittings I managed to snap the threads off of the starter jet plastic connector (right where it goes into the front of the carb), now I have the cable housing & 12mm plastic bolt, with the threads still left in the carb (along with the spring & jet which are trapped behind it).
First things first, I'll have to fight the fitting out, and next up I'll have to replace the whole cable I presume. I'm having no luck finding any replacement parts listed anywhere, and the exploded view I have in the manual only lists the jet, nothing about the plastic fitting or cable assembly. Does any body have a part number or source for one?


You can order that part through any KTM dealer, here are the details: SCREW M12 STARTSYSTEMN part #58431050000
 

BCP

Member
Fantastic, thanks for the replies. I found a replacement & can crack on with getting this bike sorted!
 
Top