950Adv suspension upgrades

Tree

New member
Anyone have any good sources for this and what to look for? I am interested in getting the same travel out of the 950S or 990R and well i figured id just try and buy the new bike but it isn't quite as cost effective i dont think.
 

Newbusa

New member
The new bike does not have the travel of the 04 S,which was the tallest of the line. I have taken a demo on the 990R and its sits lower then mine does, Also did not notice any increase in power,in fact i thought it seemed to have less. But it was fairly tight so might make more once it loosened up a bit.
 

Tree

New member
So after that ride through the pass my fork seals are in need of some replacement. So i figure i will be going through with the upgrade to the '04 S specs. front and back obviously.

Who have you guys dealt with for this or heard of people doing it? I have heard of Trail Tricks and Super Plush. They are both south of the border and am wondering if there is anyone in canada or even in BC that might offer the same if not better?

Thanks
 

Newbusa

New member
Matt,Call Leyland at 250-847-0093. He is the other guy with the raised to S spec 950 that lives in Smithers. He had his done in Kamloops.
He can get you the # of the shop that did his.
 

joker650

Active member
The new bike does not have the travel of the 04 S,which was the tallest of the line. I have taken a demo on the 990R and its sits lower then mine does, Also did not notice any increase in power,in fact i thought it seemed to have less. But it was fairly tight so might make more once it loosened up a bit.

Thought I heard the 990 had a de-tune switch. In 1,2&3 it droped the hp a little :confused:

Check on ADV rider bout that.
 

Tree

New member
I never called Leyland but Riders Edge in Vernon does the suspension upgrades for the 950adv. I was talking to Ian McKill there and he says that they do quite a bit of them just that they do not advertise. The suspension is in the process of being sent there.

Thanks for the help Jon.
 
Top