Beefier skid/bash plates for DRZ 400 SM?

The Count

Member
imported post

imported post

I just put that skidplate from ThumperTalk on my DRZlast weekend and it's very sturdy, I have no worries with it on there.
 

The Count

Member
imported post

imported post

Idid get the TT case savers and the unabiker rad guards, now I just need to install them.
 
imported post

imported post

i have a White Brothers heavy duty skid plate. great protection and mounts using existing skid plate bolt holes which install a breeze and easy to take on and off for cleaning every now and then. :tup:
 

leadsled

Member
imported post

imported post

I used the Moose racing skid plate bought locally. When i oredered from Thumpertalk once they shipped UPS and the Brokerage fees made the purchase not worthwhile. The moose racing unit has stood up well and installed easily. Shop local whenever possible.
 
S

SmokinJoe

Guest
imported post

imported post

actually the fees for US shipping are only 20 bucks for regular size package, i tried local the pricing isn't that great (almost double on some things) and either is the product selection.

I grabbed the TT skid plate, case savers, unabiker rad guards, zeta hand guards and protectors, the LED tail light kit, pivot foot pegs, JD jet kit, dunlop 606 tires, new sprockets, ect. Used TT and Langston Racing for my purchaseswhen the canadian dollar was par, I love keeping it local but it almost feels like your getting ripped off. I also like the ease of adding things to the shopping cart and checking out, there ain't much in Courtenay as far as DRZ parts availability. I also like looking on the internet for part comparason and reviews.
 

leadsled

Member
imported post

imported post

When i ordered from TT i paid the price and the shipping only to be notified i had to pay an extra $50 when i went to pick it up. i told them i had already paid shipping when they explained that it was UPS's get rich Brokerage fees. I know many others that have been screwed by UPS. For this reason i refuse to shop online with any Company that will only ship with UPS. I am sure that many companies are losing tons of business because of UPS but they don't seem to care as long as there are unknowledgeable customers still buying.
 

bajaman

New member
imported post

imported post


Here are some pics of my skid plate an a dualsported 07 drz 400e.Its a moose and I am very happy with it.It protects all the important stuff.:clap:If I rememeber correctly it was about $100.00 and you can get it from motovan or parts canada.:tup:











 
O

old trials guy

Guest
imported post

imported post

When you can't find one that you like you can always make your own....otg

attachment.php
 

DRZSMS

New member
imported post

imported post

Have you checked out our localy made ones. Scorpion is what I have on mine and I find that they are well made and intuitive in design. They have no bolts sticking out from their skid plates and glide over logs alot easier then some others I have seen. As for guage thickness I think that mine were about 3/16 thick. Tough enough for the stuff I ride through. The rest of the stuff I found at TT but Robert now carries Uniguard and TT case savers too.

Give Robert at MTR Sports a PM and he can probably show you one.
 

The Count

Member
imported post

imported post

leadsled wrote:
When i ordered from TT i paid the price and the shipping only to be notified i had to pay an extra $50 when i went to pick it up. i told them i had already paid shipping when they explained that it was UPS's get rich Brokerage fees. I know many others that have been screwed by UPS. For this reason i refuse to shop online with any Company that will only ship with UPS. I am sure that many companies are losing tons of business because of UPS but they don't seem to care as long as there are unknowledgeable customers still buying.
I support buying in Canada when it makes sense to do so, but if you can't find it here or the price is too high I have my stuff shipped to "Hagens of Blaine" and since I live only about 20 minutes from the border I just drive across, pick it up, declare it when I come back across and sometimes I have to pay GST and PST and sometimes I don't.I don't have any affiliation with Hagens I just really like the service that they provide. Look them up on google.

I really like the service and product that Thumper Talk has and it makes buying everything I need super easy. There are also some other great sites that have great product at a good price, at least it was a good price when our dollar was stronger.

Just my two pennies worth. :TTT:
 
Top