• Welcome to new DualSportBC Forum!
    To Log in on new forum you will need to reset your password first using "Log in" --> "Forgot your password?"
    Sorry for the inconvenience caused, but we trust it's a one time deal.
    If you encounter any issues please contact us at [email protected]

Bent 21" Rim

Had a crash, trail riding last week, and the bike (CRF250) suffered a bent rim. Looks to be around a 1/4" run out on about a third of the rim No noticeable crimps or buckles. Rode home on hard top most of the way at posted highway speeds with only a mild wobble. Wheel bearings, axle and look to be ok.
Any thoughts or area IMG_20200907_111610.jpgshops that could correct? Thanks!

filterx

Had a crash, trail riding last week, and the bike (CRF250) suffered a bent rim. Looks to be around a 1/4" run out on about a third of the rim No noticeable crimps or buckles. Rode home on hard top most of the way at posted highway speeds with only a mild wobble. Wheel bearings, axle and look to be ok.
Any thoughts or area View attachment 384334shops that could correct? Thanks!

I can't tell from your pic but get the right spoke wrench and with the wheel on the bike, on the stand you could try truing it your self.

Slightly hard to explain but what I would try first.

As out of interest, what is the year and actual model of your Honda?

2015 Honda CRF250L. Dropped it off a a shop this morning and they gave it a go with no results. I am thinking it is a liability for them if they can't get it to tight tolerance. So, plan "a", I might just as well give it a try myself. The hub and spokes are fine. And if need be, start the search for a new rim for plan "b".

leebob

Bruce, there's a guy on CL that has a 21" off a CRF250r. He's asking $100.00. Not sure if the r and the L share the same rim width or not.

Success! Took the spokes off and had the rim in the vice. Was able, with a little flame, to get the rim somewhat truer. Re-laced the spokes and about two hours later had the rim back to almost original condition. Still, will order a new rim/spokes for next season.

No worries there, it was a propane torch. But I know your concern had I used an oxy/acet torch. The rim is holding up well. Have put just under 2k and is running true.