Best shop to buy a bike

R

rubiconmike

Guest
Looking to buy another Drz400.

were should i go?

Van,Rich,Lan,Sur.?

Best shop to buy? best service,best parts counter. Best people best price.

What do you all think.:ted:
 

Phoenix

New member
imported post

imported post

Go to all of them, with your helmet, also try OrcaBay Suzuki in Poco. If ya like them say Alex F.sent ya cause I'll get another Credit for parts:D. Their parts dept. has been going through some changes so hopefully they find some longer term employees to smooth things out. Desi the M/C sales manager I found great to deal with. As always this is IMHO, your experience may vary.
 

skidmark43

Administrator / BFF in the blue jacket
imported post

imported post

Phoenix wrote:
Go to all of them, with your helmet, also try OrcaBay Suzuki in Poco. If ya like them say Alex F.sent ya cause I'll get another Credit for parts:D. Their parts dept. has been going through some changes so hopefully they find some longer term employees to smooth things out. Desi the M/C sales manager I found great to deal with. As always this is IMHO, your experience may vary.
Orca Bay has repeatedly declined to support DSBC. Please keep this in mind and ask Desi why he has his head up his ass...
 

skidmark43

Administrator / BFF in the blue jacket
imported post

imported post

Please consider Holeshot in Langley as well as CycleWorld in Surrey for a DRZ. Both shops have supported DSBC for several years and have many satisfied customers on this site.
 

mint400

New member
imported post

imported post

I bought mine at pattison in burnaby... they have treated me well so far.
-I was finance only so my deal had higher price but with factory accessory rebate $500
-they/casey have been great about honouring quotes, recommending, and ordering parts in so far
-lots of non suzuki financing options due to the pattison connection
-good support and knowledge and honoring warranty obligations

My friend bought a 1yo model at modern in van and saved via a cash "paid off clear" deal
-he had at least $500 ... I think $1000 off BUT no rebate
-I'm told they're mechanic is very good, especially at doing the aftermarket mods
-bit slow and awkward getting attention / info at the store sometimes

I've seen 1yo models at north shore north van with quite a reduced price as well
-they've been great over the years and convenient location so was my first choice but they had suzuki only financing

*If I had cash and wanted to do it again, I'd go for a previously enjoyed bike with all the mods for half the price of a stock jane - put the extra cash aside for a higher comp / disp cylendar and carb when the time comes. Otherwise I wouldn't hesitate to see ian or kerry at pattison again - watch the rebate, taxes, insurances, and freight charges in your quotes from all your shops

*I'd also consider a EFI type bike next time, carbs are too fiddly and problematic - the whole rejet and or 3x3 thing is rediculous when you change altitude, pipes, airbox, filter... etc... flooding after falling over with a undersized battery is not fun in a ravine, and the DRZ idle is often unstable (even dangerous) in my opinion on the stock s bike... ping stall ... it is time to consider efi

oh, BTW... I love my DRZ with all its flaws ;)
 
F

franhoser

Guest
imported post

imported post

skidmark43 wrote:
Phoenix wrote:
Go to all of them, with your helmet, also try OrcaBay Suzuki in Poco. If ya like them say Alex F.sent ya cause I'll get another Credit for parts:D. Their parts dept. has been going through some changes so hopefully they find some longer term employees to smooth things out. Desi the M/C sales manager I found great to deal with. As always this is IMHO, your experience may vary.
Orca Bay has repeatedly declined to support DSBC. Please keep this in mind and ask Desi why he has his head up his a**...

When I hadmy DRZ and was looking for parts the parts guy didn't even know the difference between an E model and S model. Raised some flags with me right away and since then I stayed away.

Holeshot is good! I dealt with them for years when I had my 1980 440LTD. I think every part broke on that bike and holeshoot kept me going. That takes me back a while. Learned everything about fixing bikes on that thing. I'd swore I'd never buy another Kawasaki after that.
 

Phoenix

New member
imported post

imported post

skidmark43 wrote:
Phoenix wrote:
Go to all of them, with your helmet, also try OrcaBay Suzuki in Poco. If ya like them say Alex F.sent ya cause I'll get another Credit for parts:D. Their parts dept. has been going through some changes so hopefully they find some longer term employees to smooth things out. Desi the M/C sales manager I found great to deal with. As always this is IMHO, your experience may vary.
Orca Bay has repeatedly declined to support DSBC. Please keep this in mind and ask Desi why he has his head up his a**...
I'll ask, but may use a different sentence.
 

skidmark43

Administrator / BFF in the blue jacket
imported post

imported post

Phoenix wrote:
skidmark43 wrote:
Phoenix wrote:
Go to all of them, with your helmet, also try OrcaBay Suzuki in Poco. If ya like them say Alex F.sent ya cause I'll get another Credit for parts:D. Their parts dept. has been going through some changes so hopefully they find some longer term employees to smooth things out. Desi the M/C sales manager I found great to deal with. As always this is IMHO, your experience may vary.
Orca Bay has repeatedly declined to support DSBC. Please keep this in mind and ask Desi why he has his head up his a**...
I'll ask, but may use a different sentence.
LOL. Agreed Alex. I use different sentences too. Desi is a nice guy, and I appreciate that Orca spends a ton on roadracing support and some with the FVDRA too. He's been pretty clear with several of us though that he's not interested in supporting dualsport...
 

zokalr13

Member
imported post

imported post

MODERNin E.VAN is a good place to go for SUZUKI stuff-they ve been there since i was a kid and the other place i recommend is HOLESHOT and BURNABY KAWASAKI-those are the best bike shops in the lower mainland -they are the top three for me anyway ...in KELOWNA its INNOVATIVE and VMS ....S.W. MOTORRAD is good too as far as eye-candy[THE BIKESSSS!!}OH-good service too....i dont like M&M HONDA too much and the VERNON bike shops i dont care much for at all..KELOWNA YAMAHA shop is a rip [always been]and ive noticed lately thatbike shops are "gouging' more than normal lately....:spl:i recommend not to buy a new bike- save the depreciation-$$$ for MODS on a good used unit.......ZO13
 

malachi

Member
imported post

imported post

Richmond Motorsports are worth a try. I came from the island to buy my 04 from them. Holeshot had blue ones on for $5995 but Iwanted a yellow one. I called Richmond and asked them if they had any yellow ones...they had one left. I asked them to match the Holeshot price and they did right away. Very accommodating when I went to pick it up as well:tup:
 
R

rubiconmike

Guest
imported post

imported post

Good info so far.

I bought my first Drz at Richmond.

We'll see
 
Top