Bucket list

flyn

New member
There has been so many really cool adventures on this site.
I've thought I'd like to be able to do a trips to Mexico or Alaska. I'd like to ride in Mohab or to Bella Colla. I'd like to race from Vegas to Reno. I'd like to ride in Death Valley.
These are all on my to do list before I get to old to enjoy them.

Whats on your Bucket List?

Flyn
 

cactusreid

Active member
the tip of south america and back.well not right away back. but i think i need a 690
or,990 adventurer for that.
 
F

franhoser

Guest
gotta go back to my home country and do the romaniacs enduro one year.
 
Two of my friends are currently 2 months into a 2 year trip, I'd love to replicate it. Vancouver to Tierra Del Fuego, ship to South Africa, up through the middle east, eastern europe, ending up in England to fly home. Although, they will have no home to return to, having sold it to pay for the trip... that's an adventure and a half.

Edit... I've talked to a few people that said a two or three week trip into the wilds of Mexico can be as adventurous as you want. I think that would be a great "quick" trip, and is on our list as actually being possible :) .
 
Last edited:

mudboy

New member
Arctic circle and beyond. The far north has always sparked my imagination. Same with the far south, Patagonia would be cool too. Like the above post I'd have to sell my house for that one (and my wife too).
 

John M

New member
Two of my friends are currently 2 months into a 2 year trip,

Are they bloging? I'd love to keep up with a trip like that!

My realistic adventure would be to Inuvik, but I hear the bugs can be big enough to knock you off the bike.....
 

Dizo

New member
I've been working on my list, though i can't really call it a bucket list at 17 years old. Im leaving larger trips until Im old like the rest of you ( :D ) but the past year:

• Cascades Tour in the middle of winter, solo (February, camping)
• Vancouver to California coastal route, solo (Summer, camping), mountains on the way back
• Get a dualsport (I'm writing this here) and explore what's really in my own backyard.

And before this time next year I have a few more I'd like to check off;
• Alaska/Northern Canada, everyone seems to have this on their list, but few make it up there!
• Another week long winter tour, probably to Banf or Northern BC
• Ride two 1/2 days of the Terra Nova. Since the first one in '64 my family has been riding it, it's about time I start.
• Ride to, and then compete in, a casual enduro style event in Nevada and/or California. Enduro timing style, a slow class, not extremely competitive.
• Explore more isolated portions of BC. So much right here that needs to be re-found, so much history within a few days ride!

As for the larger trips;
Scotland, Isle of Man (rest of England is too costly per km)
Mongolia: I've always wanted to DS Mongolia since I first heard of people bicycle touring the country.
Russia; Primarily the road of bones, and the pole of cold, who doesn't?
Ukraine, Belarus (see the site of the '86 nuclear disaster)

Africa is on my extended list, as is Asia, and I've already explored part of Africa on four wheels, but I doubt it would happen unless I did a true 'drop everything' adventure for a year or more. My parents did several 8 month tours, and I hope to do the same.

So much to see, so little time. Must go ride ...
 

flyn

New member
So much to see, so little time. Must go ride ... Dizo

Your doin good, you have ridin more than I in my whole life time. I wish I had that kind of motivation and commitment . I have no doubt if you continue you will complete your list of adventures and some.

Flyn
 

cactusreid

Active member
Dizo, you are a very fortunate young man to have all that under your belt at the ripe old age of 17!! good on you man! you must have some pretty cool parents! do they ride,are they on here?let them know you appreciate the opportunities that you have been given. keep it up and pass it on some day.
 

Dizo

New member
My parents did get me into it early, and i'm very thankful for that. When i was very young I 'rode' offroad with my dad (in the type of shall to carry a child on your chest, and then when i was older in front of my dad, holding onto the middle of the bars) and on the road in our sidecar. I had done two 2 000 mile Velocette rallies in the sidecar before I was a month old. I've been to Nevada/California/Southern states on three separate Velocette rallies before I could even remember them, mother following in the car to meet us at every stop and take care of my infant-related needs, and on two rallies to other places when i was old enough to ride on the back. While my younger brother was riding sans-training wheels on his bicycle I was riding the 50cc Yamaha around, and still unable to bicycle without training wheels.

So sure enough when I turned 16 last year and got my licence I started riding a '67 Puch 250 as my learner bike, as it was the most learner-friendly bike my dad had in the stable. After two or three months of riding on small local roads I took my skills test on it and picked up a '96 Ninja 250, which sling-shotted me into riding. I loved that bike for 10 months and ~25 000 km's of riding, until I sold it to finance the DR350. Had the DR Just over a month now, and 5 000 km's of dirt and street riding on her has been a blast, but I'm really missing the Ninja for street rides. I'll have to pick up a collector-plate-able street bike to fill my street needs without destroying my wallet.

My younger brother is far less interested in the sport, but who knows, when he turns 16 you might find him taging along with me. People at school, or people i meet who notice my age, often see me riding a motorcycle and ask what my mother thinks of it, or how I got her to let me ride. I dont know about you guys, but I certainly didn't get any opposition!
 
Top