Casual Breaky/Coffee @ Bruces. June,July,August.

Farp

Active member
I'm going on this ride with Alex and the others on Saturday but if anybody wants to meet at Bruces on Sunday I'll be there. If nobody posts that they are going to Bruces I'll probably do something else.

John
 

SouthPoint

Member
I just got back from Hatzic and noticed a sign saying that Morris Valley Road will be closed tomorrow for a triathalon and to use Chehalis FSR as a detour. I'm not sure what this means for us meeting at the Weaver Hatchery tomorrow, but I am wondering if we should meet at the Sasquatch Inn. It would suck if we couldn't meet at Weaver and had no way of contacting each other. I'll try to find out more details about this closure/detour.
 

Farp

Active member
I'm not sure what this means for us meeting at the Weaver Hatchery tomorrow, but I am wondering if we should meet at the Sasquatch Inn. It would suck if we couldn't meet at Weaver and had no way of contacting each other.

Definitely, let's meet at the Sasquatch at 9:30.

John
 

Phoenix

New member
Won't be goin' for breaky tomorrow(15th) cause I had breaky sanwich today, half of it awhile later at Chehalis Lake. Great ride today guys. Was hot even in the shade.


Traversed some obstacles with Farp leading the way and made our way through the old north campground to the lake.


The dip in the lake and the two subsequent creek crossings were refreshing indeed. What we discovered was that there is an easy way to get to the beach other than the route we took;). Also we have to go back at some point to get the best view of the slide via Chehalis FSR to south end of lake.

Cheers, Alex.
 

SouthPoint

Member
Great ride today guys. I can't believe I stayed upright through all of that stuff. Looking forward to going out again once my boots dry out!

Here are a couple of short video clips:

 
Last edited:

Farp

Active member
Sometimes ya just wanna get out and enjoy the experience of riding a motorcycle through some of the best scenery this planet has to offer and that's exactly what we got on this ride. What a great day! Riding a motorcycle until your stinking hot and then going for a refreshing swim in a pristine mountain lake - there's a combination that's hard to beat. We rode up the Mystery creek FSR until we could go no farther. Here we are stopped on the trail:
436IMGP0687-med.jpg


By this:
436IMGP0685-med.jpg


And if ya tried to ride around it and dint quite make it this is where you'd wind up - it's a lot steeper than it looks in this photo:
436IMGP0686-med.jpg


So we back tracked and found a trail down to the lake. The temp must have been over 30C and we were all on the verge of heat stroke so when we got to the lake and found it looking like this there was no option but to go for a dip.
436IMGP0690-med.jpg


In the interests of not offending people with refined sensiblities, not to mention scaring the crap outa small children, no more pics were taken. Dual sporters are such nice, considerate folk.

It was a great day - ya should have been there.

John
 
Top