Doin The Doo this weekend

J

jeffzee

Guest
Any last min advice on doin the doo? i have read the instructions thru a few times from KLR650 Marknet, seems pretty straight forward.

Thanks everyone,

Jeff
 

scotty905

Member
imported post

imported post

When you replace the spring make sure that there aren't any sharp edges where the spring attaches. I believe this is what caused my spring to break in the first place.

Good luck
 
J

jaydee

Guest
imported post

imported post

So do tell - how did it go?
 
J

jeffzee

Guest
imported post

imported post

That is a really easy job, i dont think it even took 2 hours! The instructions from KLR650 Marknet are great!

My spring was broken, so no tension on the balance chain, the lever was fine, but the new one is much nicer with more range of adjustment.

The bike runs way smoother now (and it was already smooth in my opinion), its also quieter, i highly recomend doing this if you have a KLR 650!

If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me

Jeff
 
D

dooveman

Guest
imported post

imported post

I'm dooin' the doo too so doo yoo have a link too the doo the doo site?
Thanks,
Brian
 
J

jeffzee

Guest
imported post

imported post

yeah, the link for the instructions: http://www.klr650.marknet.us/

i baught the kit from http://www.klr650.com they sell the kit with the tools for $99US cheapest i found anywhere on the net. If you spend $150 they provide free shipping in the USA so i also ordred the stainless front brake line for $50 and had it shipped to Blaine Enterprises, worked out great!

If you have any questiong drop me a PM or email me at [email protected]
 

klrman

New member
imported post

imported post

When I changed it last year, I had a little problem with the woodruff key on the crankshaft! It did not want to seat well and left me guessing a little if I did it right. The good news is that the bike runs like a champ now. I wonder why the shaft is not machined like some other bikes so the key is not needed.
 
J

jeffzee

Guest
imported post

imported post

The key did take me some fumbling to get it all together
 
Top