DR650 centerstand (needed)

D

dstone

Guest
Anyone have or know of a DR650 centerstand, new or lightly used, for sale?

Five Stars online seem to be sold out or out of production. I do like the looks of this German model...
http://www.hessler-motorsport.de/shop/product_info.php?products_id=499&XTCsid=e6ab2241b38013c4dd71c6d8326bafcf

hauptstaender_drbig_1.jpg


Local options? Thoughts?

-Darren.
 

dirtdoug

New member
imported post

imported post

How about a crutch instead? What are you trying to accomplish with the centerstand change a tire when out in the bush? For road bikes I centerstand is a god-send on offroad bikes I'd worry about it getting hung up on something.
 
D

dstone

Guest
imported post

imported post

Rawperformance wrote:
Dual star sells one. http://www.dual-star.com Listed in DR stuff.
Yeah, I tried to contact/order that stand for a while. Many people seem to share my experience with Dual Star...

1) they don't answer their phones (i.e. it rings for 10 mins and no voice mail)
2) when they answer, they're out of stock
3) when they say they're in stock, they're actually not, but you find this out weeks after you've placed your order

I've experienced 1 & 2 enough and read about multiple cases of 3, so I don't have any more interest in dealing with them. I've heard the best way to deal with them is to just go to their office (near Seattle) and buy direct. Makes sense.

-Darren.
 
D

dstone

Guest
imported post

imported post

dirtdoug wrote:
How about a crutch instead? What are you trying to accomplish with the centerstand change a tire when out in the bush? For road bikes I centerstand is a god-send on offroad bikes I'd worry about it getting hung up on something.
Fair enough, my street roots are probably showing.
  • much easier tire changes
  • easier chain lubing
  • soft/sloping parking
Will a crutch be a good/stable tool for tire changes?

-Darren.
 

dirtdoug

New member
imported post

imported post

Not as good as a centrestand - you use it in conjunction with the sidestand to get enough room to get the tire out. I haven't tried it on the front yet but I'm replacing the front tire this weekend and will report back. I'm trying to do all my maintenance and upkeep with tools I carry with me.

Centrestands are a dying breed (unfortunately).
 
Top