Drifted in from the FB group

Ando__

Is there much action in the FB group? I don’t have the book of faces and wondering if that’s where the rides are being organized

lagbc

Is there much action in the FB group? I don’t have the book of faces and wondering if that’s where the rides are being organized
Yes, unfortunately, that's where majority of conversations are happening these days.

majorbedhed

not interested in putting on Lemming clothes. Will also stay here, where it all started.
I find the quality of content here superior while the quantity on FB is far more vast. There are certainly some gems to be mined off FB - it's often too much work wading through the noise.

lagbc

Facebook has it's downsides:
1. Search functionality is atrocious at best, so finding older discussions related to what you want is hard.
2. It's a constant stream of information and unless you visit the group specifically it might not even show you all the latest posts, because they were not "engaging" enough and FB algorithm choose to not show some posts to you, because of that.
Engagement = You spend more time on FB = $$$

But the positive is that there is a really good community with lots of experience that is well behaved. It's not perfect, but it's quite good.

majorbedhed

Facebook has it's downsides:
1. Search functionality is atrocious at best, so finding older discussions related to what you want is hard.
2. It's a constant stream of information and unless you visit the group specifically it might not even show you all the latest posts, because they were not "engaging" enough and FB algorithm choose to not show some posts to you, because of that.
Engagement = You spend more time on FB = $$$

But the positive is that there is a really good community with lots of experience that is well behaved. It's not perfect, but it's quite good.
Agree in full. I pulled FB off my phone after reading a NYT article about how their algorithms were adding things to my feed that made me happy (dual sports and puppy dogs) and angry (pretty much everything else) to maximize engagement. I now have it on my PC only which requires me to log in every time so I find I'm checking in and out a few times per week. It's a great tool to stay in touch and up to date, but can be one hell of a black hole of anxiety inducing garbage if not managed appropriately.