DRZ 400s skid plate and case covers

fox44

New member
Hi,

Im looking for a skid plate and a set of case savers for my 08 DRZ 400s. What are you guys using and how do you like them? I see thumper talk sells case savers but to get them shipped up here is quite a bit. Are there any local stores that stock them? It would be nice to be able to support the local dealers too.

Thanks,

Peter
 
got my skid plate @ gnarly, ricochet/utah, so far so good, i like the scorpion and hyde thou if i was going to update.unabiker rad guards too.
case savers from avicious, canadian at least.
 

SouthPoint

Member
Hi,
I see thumper talk sells case savers but to get them shipped up here is quite a bit.

I have the Thumper Talk case savers and they have worked well. If you order from TT, be sure to get the manual cam chain tensioner if you haven't already. As well, you should do all of the loctite fixes that they recommend.

If you want to buy locally (and you should, if possible), then definitely try Gnarly Parts. Great store, great prices, great people. Not sure if they can get you the MCCT or not, but it is worth asking. TT might be the only source for that.
 

leadsled

Member
I have the TT case savers and they have worked well. I bought the Moose Racing Skid Plate locally and it has been a huge savior. I definetely recommend the rad guards as well. I don't believe the MCCT is an issue with your year.
 
leadsled;92539 I don't believe the MCCT is an issue with your year.[/QUOTE said:
not according to my reading on TT. I installed one since it was easy, pretty cheap and removes any doubts.
 

fox44

New member
Thanks for all the info guys. I think I will get the TT case savers and the scorpion skid plate for now. Next on the list is a set of rad guards and a MCCT.
 
Top