DRZ forks - good alternates?

R

ryant

Guest
Hi, I just found a ding in my stanchion and need to replace the fork. That said, I have heard that RM and RMZ forks will fit up on a DRZ. I have an 03 DRZ400E. Has anyone had any experience with this or any reccomendations on this or other alternate forks or fixes?

I spoke with Rod at RMR and he said that best bet is to replace the leg, but that will be $400 for the part and another few hours to install etc...

Thanks for any help.
 
O

old trials guy

Guest
Hi, I just found a ding in my stanchion and need to replace the fork. That said, I have heard that RM and RMZ forks will fit up on a DRZ. I have an 03 DRZ400E. Has anyone had any experience with this or any reccomendations on this or other alternate forks or fixes?

I spoke with Rod at RMR and he said that best bet is to replace the leg, but that will be $400 for the part and another few hours to install etc...

Thanks for any help.

By stanchion I am assuming you are referring to the fork tube itself. If the ding is not too large you might find you can dress it down with a wet stone so it has no high spots or sharp edges. It may allow a miniscule amount of oil to weep by but considering the cost and effort to replace the tube it may be an option. Your main concern is eliminating anything that will damage the fork seal. This is a common problem with trials motorcycles that often get dropped on rocks. Some riders actually carry a wet stone in their tool pack so they can dress any dings before it does in the seal.

Just a thought......otg
 
R

ryant

Guest
Hi OTG, thanks for the info. Any idea where to buy a 'wet stone' ?

Thanks!
 

skidmark43

Administrator / BFF in the blue jacket
Look on Ebay or Craigslist for a replacement fork. Thousands of DRZ's out there... Also compatible with RM250 forks 1994-2005.

Or try local; Fenton or SuperDave might have something in their warehouses...
 
R

ryant

Guest
Look on Ebay or Craigslist for a replacement fork. Thousands of DRZ's out there... Also compatible with RM250 forks 1994-2005.

Or try local; Fenton or SuperDave might have something in their warehouses...

Awesome, thanks guys for the quick info. MUCH appreciated!
 
R

ryant

Guest
Sorry, how do i get a-hold of Fenton or Superdave??? Are they on here? I searched but can't find them.

Thanks
 

mudboy

New member
Here's super daves info. he's in langley

Supersport Motorcycle Works Ltd


604-532-0505
5-20701 Langley Bypass, Langley, BC V3A 5E8
 

skidmark43

Administrator / BFF in the blue jacket
Sorry, how do i get a-hold of Fenton or Superdave??? Are they on here? I searched but can't find them.

Thanks

That's because they are not sponsors! When you shop there please ask them why they don't support DualSportBC.
 
R

ryant

Guest
Hi guys, I tried the wet stone and nail polish sealer to fill in the ding but it keeps leaking. Any ideas on where to pick up, ideally a single fork tube or a set? I hear RM forks inverted or not will bolt right on. Is that right?
 

Shuswap

Member
Hi guys, I tried the wet stone and nail polish sealer to fill in the ding but it keeps leaking. Any ideas on where to pick up, ideally a single fork tube or a set? I hear RM forks inverted or not will bolt right on. Is that right?
Is the seal damaged? Perhaps it's damaged from running back and forth over the rough patch?
Just a thought...
 
Top