DRZ400 IMS footpegs

F

franhoser

Guest
I'm a bit confused on the IMS footpegs. Mainly what fits on what. I thought that all DRZ’s were the same from 00-current for most stuff. Other then the S model getting a E forks in 02 I thought they’ve gone unchanged. Any way’s I'm looking at the IMS Super Stockfootpegs from gnarly parts and I see these two:

http://www.gnarlyparts.ca/product_info.php?cPath=5978_1051_2227&products_id=36309

and

http://www.gnarlyparts.ca/product_info.php?cPath=5978_1051_2227&products_id=36310

One say's it fora DRZ400 00-04 and the other is DRZ400E 00-07. DRZ400 what??

SoI'm not sure what I need here for my bike a DRZ400S 2006.

Anyone buy these before for an S model for2006 ornewer modeland which one. Also I'm not sure if I should also spend the extra money and get the IMS Pro Series Pegs (same fitting issue as above).

Anyone have a tried either and any opinions on either. I don't need race quality just a little better than stock.

Any help is much appreciated mainly about the fitting.
 

Buckethead

New member
imported post

imported post

Hey Lev-
I ended up with the ProSeries pegs as the SuperSports were not available when I was looking. I have never ridden the SuperSports so I can't really compare the two, but I really like the ProSeries. They are very nice quality, and feel super stable. The ones I have are 295511-4. I got mine from Casey at JP for a good price.
Cheers,
Matthew
PS- A few people recommended the PivotPegz as well. They were a bit expensive for me, but could be worth a look too.
 
P

Pee Wee

Guest
imported post

imported post

I have a set of these on the wall at work.....One of the girls ordered them for her 2005 DRZ400SM and they couldn't pay for them.....(off to school). I can get you the part number or a pic if you need. Not cheap , and I ordered a set for my 04 KLR.

Quality looking piece for sure.
 
F

franhoser

Guest
imported post

imported post

Matthew,

What year is your drz again?
 
F

franhoser

Guest
imported post

imported post

Those PivotPegzlooks like what I need. Ever since I got mx boots a few months ago I'm having trouble with the whole shifting and rear braking thing. I thought that it's maybe there's a break in stage. I've fixed the shifter by adjusting it but the rear brake I have it all the way up and I'm still having problems with the rear brake especially standing up going downhill. This might solve my problems.

Too bad they cost like $150.
 

Buckethead

New member
imported post

imported post

I made a riser for the brake lever on my KLR for the same reason. I still have some of the aluminum channel I used if you need.

Ruskinrider uses the PivotPegz on his KLX if you want first hand info.

Cheers,
Matthew
 
F

franhoser

Guest
imported post

imported post

Wow,

I just ordered a set. $30 cdn with shipping not bad at all.

Thanks again Frank.
 
P

Pee Wee

Guest
imported post

imported post

The one's at SG are the IMS Pro, $126.99..... PN# 18-m1076, Jame will give 15% off of them. Fits up to 2006 DRZ.
 
F

franhoser

Guest
imported post

imported post

Thanks pee wee. I decided to go with $16 pegs.

Thanks anyway,

Lev
 
P

Pee Wee

Guest
imported post

imported post

God call...you can buy a lot of other stuff for the extra $100.
 

yardsale

Member
imported post

imported post

I put passenger footpegs on my E model by buying a used S subframe off Thumpertalk. Okay, so maybe that's cheating a bit but hey, it worked. Pretty cheap and not too difficult to swap over. Makes the bike a bit heavier but also beefier in the rear for the rack I made or carrying saddlebags.
 

skidmark43

Administrator / BFF in the blue jacket
imported post

imported post

Spiceboy wrote:
Robert at MTR SPORTS isa dealer for Pivot Pegz and sold Ruskinrider his Pegz. He also carries the IMS line. 604.838.4733 [email protected]

We should be clear here. Spiceboy = MTR Sports. A fine sponsor of DSBC.

There seems to be a duplicate account registration that we need to rectify so as to avoid anything that would come across as misleading.
 
Top