125cbr rider
New member
So my drz400S has a near 32,000 miles on it. doesn't burn oil, runs like a champ. I am also super anal and maintain every little thing on my bikes. I have known people who get around 20,000 miles than their valves bite the dust for some reason. The last valve adjustment was done at 25,000 miles. My bike is a US import so only showed in miles. Did my valve adjustments and oil change this weekend as I upgraded the gauge to a trail tech striker, so now I am fully switched over to km's!
only 1 is in the middle of the spec and all the rest are on the loose end of it. from the last adjustment only 1 moved(the one thats in middle of the spectrum), and that 1 I didn't touch last time. I am loving this bike! The way that everything is wearing it will last far longer than I expected. heard a few good stories on TT that some have gotten near the 100,000 mark on their valves besides replacing the cam chain once or twice. :clap: Still on my first cam chain with plenty of slack but might replace it this winter for fun. anyone else getting the same performance I am?
only 1 is in the middle of the spec and all the rest are on the loose end of it. from the last adjustment only 1 moved(the one thats in middle of the spectrum), and that 1 I didn't touch last time. I am loving this bike! The way that everything is wearing it will last far longer than I expected. heard a few good stories on TT that some have gotten near the 100,000 mark on their valves besides replacing the cam chain once or twice. :clap: Still on my first cam chain with plenty of slack but might replace it this winter for fun. anyone else getting the same performance I am?
Last edited: