DSBC Spring Ride and Social - MARCH 12, 2023

lagbc

SUNDAY, MARCH 12, 2023 AT 10 AM

It's time to leave the computer alone and shake the cobwebs from your bike and brain. Its the DSBC Spring Ride and Social. As in previous years, there will be an Adventure Bike Route for the big boys and a Dual Sport Route which will include lots of mud and single track and for those who want some more, there will be some hard options. There will be a morning coffee, muffins, and a Lunch after a 2-3 Hour ride. Although the event is at no charge, there is a limit of 100 Participants. A link to membership will be posted. More info to follow as it becomes available.

Calamari

Hi - Is there any way to register for the event other than on facebook? (it's not something that I do ).
Thanks.

Attachments

• 1677738635029.png
    1677738635029.png
    68 bytes · Views: 5

Rustic

DSBC President / BCORMA Director
Staff member
Registration is informal and just a gauge for us to know anticipated numbers so just come on out and join the group. If details change from above we will post then in this thread.
Ride on!

lagbc

Copied from FB, for those not on it:
DSBC Spring Ride FAQ
Is this ride for me?
Probably, there will be Four routes, Adventure Route, Dual Sport Morning Route, Dual Sport Afternoon Route, and finally, The Hard Route.
Dual Sport Routes
https://www.trailforks.com/.../dsbc-spring-ride-morning.../
https://www.trailforks.com/.../dsbc-spring-ride-ds.../
Hard Route Morning
https://www.trailforks.com/.../dsbc-spring-ride-hard.../
Adventure Route
Link to follow soon
How much do I have to Pay for this ride?
The ride is NO CHARGE, FREE. This event is more of a social event with some riding involved. Get to know some DualSporBC Members and discover what they are up to. Enjoy Coffee and Muffins in the morning, then a short (or long ride your choice), and end the day with a late hot dog lunch and stories of your adventures. If you had a good time and think that DSBC is doing a good job and you would like to support DSBC in its future endeavors, we will gladly accept you into the fold and take your money for membership (but it is not required)
If I want to purchase a membership do I have to bring cash?
NO, cash is always a good backup, we will be able to take CC and Interact
Or you can purchase your membership here online just follow link
https://forum.dualsportbc.com/pages/membership/
How can DSBC put on an event and not charge?
It is EZ we take last year's membership money and spend it on this year's membership. We use VOLUNTEERS exclusively, nobody gets paid, in fact, most of the DSBC member volunteers will put a fist full of their own money into this. We do it because we love our sport and want you to love it too. For the record, it takes 1000s of dollars to pull an event like any DSBC event off. And finally, there are the Sponsors who donate the food and all of the giveaways.
If I get lost, go the wrong direction, crash, break down, or otherwise disappear will DSBC come and get me?
NO, we are all responsible for our own actions. Officially there are no sweep riders or course marshals you are responsible to find your way back. Now that that is clear, if someone needs help DSBC will do what it reasonably can to help.
My bike is not ridable (for whatever reason) can I still attend?
Absolutely, we always could use a little extra help, even if it is just to greet riders. Remember it sez Social in the event name
Do I need insurance for the event?
YES, not necessarily ICBC, the two Dual Sport Routes and the Hard Route use FSRs so ORV insurance is required. The Adventure Route requires ICBC road insurance.
Is this a race?
NO this is NOT a Race. There are no trophies, no ribbons, no first-place prizes. However, there may be some fast riders. If you are one of those fast riders and want to overtake a slower ride, please be patient and honk your horn (if you have one) to let the rider know that you want to pass. For you slower riders please do not panic or get mad because a faster rider wants to pass, just slow down in a controlled fashion and pull off the trail to the right when safe for you to do so. Remember the guy behind you is probably a better rider and will take the time to pass safely.
Do I need dirt bike tires?
YES for the Dual Sport Routes, it is highly recommended to have good off-road tires. A Ten-year-old Dual Sport Tire will not help you have a fun day.
NO for the Adventure Route. We will make an air pump available for those who need to air up their tires before heading home.
What do I have to know about the Hard Route?
IT'S HARD, if you have to ask then do not choose the Hard Route.

04klr

there was a time that this thread would've been full of chatter both before and after this (free) first of the season get together ride.
Now, days after that Ride and Social,, crickets! I'm going to presume a good day was had by all, and a big thanks to all that put in the time and effort to make it happen.

Spare me the fact that the otherworld of DSBC may be full of chatter, I dont care.

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
there was a time that this thread would've been full of chatter both before and after this (free) first of the season get together ride.
Now, days after that Ride and Social,, crickets! I'm going to presume a good day was had by all, and a big thanks to all that put in the time and effort to make it happen.

Spare me the fact that the otherworld of DSBC may be full of chatter, I dont care.
O4klr, you couldn't be more correct. Yes, there is lots of chatter on the FB page but it sucks and super hard to find anything. I have spent countless hours on FB only to come to the conclusion that it is not the place for a group like DSBC. I am hoping to have time this year to make the connection from here to FB a lot more seamless and intuitive, only time will tell if it will work. I am as I write this working on a DSBC forum report on the event with good old-fashioned pictures, hope to get it posted tonight, but in the meantime, the pictures are posted here https://forum.dualsportbc.com/media/categories/2023-spring-ride-and-social.997/