• Welcome to new DualSportBC Forum!
    To Log in on new forum you will need to reset your password first using "Log in" --> "Forgot your password?"
    Sorry for the inconvenience caused, but we trust it's a one time deal.
    If you encounter any issues please contact us at [email protected]

inReach Rescue Dualsport BC

Rustic

DSBC President / BCORMA Treasurer
Staff member
Cause I couldnt create a new thread here is my "Assistance and recovery post I side of the Day rides group.
check.in here for details...

Calling all Inreach and Spot (two way text) owners!

Do you own an inreach, let's make them even more powerful, a group that can help each other when in need. Out of fuel, flat tire and your pump just died, dropped the bike down a aide slope or maybe took a spill and just cant ride out??? This is a list serve for inreach rescue BC, a group that helps each other out of tight jams. It will rely on getting as many people as possible involved to create a wide user area and a large number of users to help.

Instructions for inReach (You can adapt for two way text spot devices) http://dualsportbc.com/mailman/options/inreach_dualsportbc.com/
Click the link above and sign up with your main email, maybe the one on your phone so you readily get the messages and can help rescue or coordinate a rescue. You will get an email that you must confirm your subscription. Now you will get the calls for assistance.

Next susbscribe a second time with your inreach device mail (that address can be found under your settings). I will approve the inreach emails, so next trip offroad you can use it if you need it.

Now head to https://inreach.garmin.com/Social and ensure you have your setting under MapShare Settings to send your location and allow for people to reply to you, this way we know where you are and can coordinate efforts with you.

We will set a time monthly to test your settings and message the group directly from your device.

Rustic

DSBC President / BCORMA Treasurer
Staff member
You need to register your normal email to get alerts from the group to help.... then you need to register your inreach email (listed in the about part of settings) sonthat when you need help it will go through and not bounce.

bkoz

You need to register your normal email to get alerts from the group to help.... then you need to register your inreach email (listed in the about part of settings) sonthat when you need help it will go through and not bounce.

I keep getting an "Authentication Failed" message.

To me it looks like I need a membership password + my email to join.

Last edited: