Insurance

Deerebr

New member
Just registered my new DR650. $220 for the folks at ICBC and $325 for the folks at Beacon for the private insurance. I did not look into that too much. Does this seem reasonable?

Rich
 

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
Pretty standard pricing
With Beacon you will only pay 300 for your second bike

TT
 

clarge

New member
$262 with Megson with 2nd bike bike discount for 1 year.
$695 with ICBC basic with 3 million for 1 year.
Max discount of -20
2010 KLR650
 
Last edited:

KTM-Bryon

Member
Wow, that seems very good. I just paid $694 for ICBC liability insurance for my KTM690. Something doesn't seem right. I have two million liability but that is only an extra $25 or something plus an extra $25 for the Olympic plate. Still I gotta check the paperwork tonight.
 

EAIKAU

Member
Megson Fitzpatrick is quoting me $344 ($500 deductable) or $297($1000 deductable) for $7000 declared value.
I used to get it from Coast Capital, but they don't insure off-road bikes anymore.

Is Beacon still in business? I haven't been able to get to the website.
 
Last edited:

bchunter

Member
When I went with Beacon a couple of years ago they also covered your riding gear and a $1000 on a trailer if you are towing. Not sure if they do the same now, but I thought that pretty cool.
 

fastlane

Member
Megson Fitzpatrick insured my buddies bike - it burned to a crisp today --- watch this space for feedback...!
 
Top