• Welcome to new DualSportBC Forum!
    To Log in on new forum you will need to reset your password first using "Log in" --> "Forgot your password?"
    Sorry for the inconvenience caused, but we trust it's a one time deal.
    If you encounter any issues please contact us at [email protected]dualsportbc.com

Introductions

lagbc

We're running the inagural Hurley to Highline this Friday. Next Tues is looking pretty good for closer to home shredding.
Around what time you are starting out? What's the route? Feel free to create topic for this on forum so we don't go too much off-topic on this one! :)

edo604

We're running the inagural Hurley to Highline this Friday. Next Tues is looking pretty good for closer to home shredding.
I'd be interested in joining as well if this event is open to others. I don't have a lot of off road experience but I did ride highline last year and I found quite enjoyable.

lagbc

I'd be interested in joining as well if this event is open to others. I don't have a lot of off road experience but I did ride highline last year and I found quite enjoyable.
Not sure about offworlder's party, but there is a group of people doing Vancouver -> Hurley and back via Lillooet hwy99 to Vancouver.

They are meeting at 9AM on Friday (19th-June) at St. David's United Church, 1525 Taylor Way, West Vancouver, BC

edo604

Not sure about offworlder's party, but there is a group of people doing Vancouver -> Hurley and back via Lillooet hwy99 to Vancouver.

They are meeting at 9AM on Friday (19th-June) at St. David's United Church, 1525 Taylor Way, West Vancouver, BC
Thank you for the info!

You have a long list of likes, you sould find some compadres here, if only we knew where you where? anyhow glad you decided to drop what you were doing and get back into the sport.

I am a B+ Loop rider on a KTM 640A out of Aldergrove. Im usually off most weekends and am available for all STAT holidays. I am looking to re-connect with riders i've known from the past at DSBC. looks to be a great summer!

> Some of you may remember that crazy-ass rider on the grey 990 back in the late 2000's at the DSBC events... *winkwink.

Cheers & Thanks, for the welcome-back, Tom.

Weedeater

New to DSBC and the dual sport scene. I’ve had many street bikes and dirt bikes but the KLR650 in my garage is my first DS. I’d like to meet some folks here that would like to do some local adventure riding. Same day loops with as little blacktop as possible works for me. Destination lake in the middle of nowhere for some fishing, mountain top vistas, gold panning, hot springs and alike all sound good to me. I’m comfortable on everything up to “easy” signal track at the moment but still have to go to work on Monday. Let’s ride!

KelownaDave

Hello folks! I am in Kelowna and looking for people to ride with. I am 58, and I have a WR250R. I have enjoyed riding the local forest service roads but I would like to push myself a little more, but I hesitate to do that when riding alone. I would rate myself as an advanced beginner rider, looking to develop.

Anyone around?

leebob

Hello folks. I've been lurking for a while, so I might as well introduce myself. Just tipped 60 (man that sounds old). Riding a new to me KTM 790 ADV. I enjoy FSR, double track and maybe some mild single track. Two Long Days looked to be the kind of ride I'd really enjoy. Based in Maple Ridge and although not retired yet, available most days of the week right now if anyone's looking to ride.

Hello folks. I've been lurking for a while, so I might as well introduce myself. Just tipped 60 (man that sounds old). Riding a new to me KTM 790 ADV. I enjoy FSR, double track and maybe some mild single track. Two Long Days looked to be the kind of ride I'd really enjoy. Based in Maple Ridge and although not retired yet, available most days of the week right now if anyone's looking to ride.

Im in Aldergrove and i will be doing some light exploring on Sat Morn. check out the Rides section as well.

majorbedhed

Hello everyone - I'm guessing this is where I'm supposed to start - dues paid and happy to be a new member! My name is Sean, I live in North Van. Rode trail bikes as a kid (Trail 70 / Hodaka 100 / RM125) - hurt myself on the RM so did the "logical thing" and traded it in on a sport bike in 1989. I stayed on street bikes (KZ500F / GPZ550 / TLS1000S / Buell S1 Lightning / HD Electraglide) but the dirt was never out of my soul, and the usual Long Way Round guys got into my head. I could not see myself on a BMW - too pretty and too expensive for my budget - but the Africa Twin hit the notes for me in 2016 and the Electraglide got punted out the garage door. At 50 years of age, I was still clearly thinking like a 20 something - I saw too many ads with pro riders (and some very skilled non pros) doing amazing things with that bike.....but, that just was not me.....isn't marketing a bitch! After a couple of courses, and 3 seasons of beating myself and my bike up, I opted for the Toyota Tercel of trail bikes and bought an XT250 spring 2019 and frankly have been having a blast on it ever since. Probably what I should have done back in 1989......I can tell I'm already outgrowing it, but man - what a hoot and low risk with high fun factor. And if Ed March can ride his C90 around the world, then the XT250 will do me just fine for now (youtube that guy if you've never heard of him - he's nuts!). The Africa Twin is still a lovely bike and I've been super impressed with where I've been able to find myself on that machine. It's seeing more highway miles these days but I think as I develop my skills with the XT - I'd be interested to take the AT back into the bush and see what I can do, once the memories of somewhat recent injuries has faded enough! Now...if I can only stop counter steering and trying to drag a knee on the FSR's!!!!!!!! Anyhow - just wanted to say hi officially!

Rustic

DSBC President / BCORMA Treasurer
Staff member
Hey all I am embarrassed to say I had not been checking in here much since May because I was feeling sorry for myself in that friggin aircast for three months post a slight mishap in Bear Creek involving this 50 year old achilles tendon.

Anyways hello to all I have not yet spoken to or met, we will be doing a physically distanced social ride in support of Mens Cancer research and treatment in early November so stay tuned.

offworlder

Aint never too late to welcome each other 🤗 - so welcome (back).
@majorbedhed - if yer ever up for some punishment (of the funnest kind), happy to play tour guide at McNutt. Alternately, I can often be found frolicking Northward on bigger beasts.

majorbedhed

Aint never too late to welcome each other 🤗 - so welcome (back).
@majorbedhed - if yer ever up for some punishment (of the funnest kind), happy to play tour guide at McNutt. Alternately, I can often be found frolicking Northward on bigger beasts.

McNutt....sounds very intriguing!

Attachments

• Gimli.jpg
    Gimli.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 4