Jan 16, 2021, Trail cleanup - Tamihi

hawk

Administrator
Staff member
Am thinking I'd like to get out and start the clean up the trails on the east side of Tamihi. Anyone care to join in, many hands make light work.
Ideally we'd get two or more teams of 5, (1 mule carries chainsaw, tools etc, 1 chainsaw guy, 3 cleaners) something like that.
Trails to clear - Skippy 2, Sherwood Forest, Woody's, Wynnona's, 45.
Finnigan's is clear, Railway from Finnigans to east side is clear.
Post up if you can make it. We'll definitely want to split into smaller teams to try and maintain social distancing.
 

Harley Sadlo

New member
Hi there. I am new to your group but would like to help if possible. When are you thinking? I have a chainsaw that can be put to work as well.
 

Rustic

DSBC President / BCORMA Director
Staff member
Typically show up by 9am, kickstand up at 9:30. Neil will confirm by Friday evening.
 

hawk

Administrator
Staff member
I have a 12” power saw that fits on my bike if that’s of use? Or are we just walking in?
We are going to ride as much as possible so on your bike would be great. Not to say we won’t have to walk, if we have enough people sometimes one or two walk and the others, clean and hop motorcycles forward.
 

tony.bike

Member
Hi everyone. It's good to see you hard at it! I am going to be able to get back into this again soon. I have many good memories. I know it was a month ago, but how did your trail clean-up go?
 

hawk

Administrator
Staff member
Tony! Long time no hear from. Trail day went great, go wynonnas, Sherwood, finnigans, and skippy all clear. I’m afraid there’s going to be more to do with the wind we’re having today. Hope everything’s well with you!
 

tony.bike

Member
Thanks Hawk! I'll send you a PM. Glad to hear from you! Are you guys getting out pretty much every weekend for trail maintenance these days. Last time i looked the staging area was still shut down. T
 

hawk

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Hawk! I'll send you a PM. Glad to hear from you! Are you guys getting out pretty much every weekend for trail maintenance these days. Last time i looked the staging area was still shut down. T
Yup getting out pretty much every weekend. Another fellow is asking about trail maintenance on the lower trails over on the fb site. Might have to work out a plan for the lower trails.
 
Top