K&N for F650GS Dakar?

K

KLR Kid

Guest
Does anyone have any feedback on using a K&N Air filter in their GS as opposed to the standard paper filters?

I noticed that K&N includes some kind of sponge insert to be used in unmodified bikes...if the airflow isn't somewhat restricted you have to have the fuel injection system re-calibrated...according to the instructions.

Thanks in advance....

BM-6501.jpg
 
K

KLR Kid

Guest
imported post

imported post

This thread can be discontinued here due to lack of interest...aside from my own of course....sob....:(

If anyone cares...I'm going to get one...the paper replacement filter for the Dakar is about $25 bucks plus tax! Won't take too many changes to make the K&N cost effective.
 

Legal Alien

New member
imported post

imported post

Oh mate, I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier. I run a BMC filter in my Dakar and it's almost exactly the same as a K&N. They are both big improvements on the standard filters and you shouldn't need to mess around with any FI settings.

Cheers
 

kchip

New member
imported post

imported post

I wou;ld be careful of the K&N filters on bikes being used in dusty situations. It is my understanding that their ability to trap particles is limited relative to paper and oiled foam type filters. Uni makes a good reusable oiled foam filter which I believe is no more than the K&N.
 
K

Kelster

Guest
I was contemplating installing one of these. What's the feedback?
Good?
Bad?
Indifferent?
Forrealnoshit?
 
I use one - no problem - if you ride in lots of dust and you're not going to check your filter often then probably the UNI is the better option - I've ridden mine in lots of BC dual sport dust (as much as you'd want to take a big like this into) and it doesn't get too bad at all - course if you tail gate in a big bunch of riders riding in dust then you'll need to change/clean often. FYI the picture you have doesn't match mine which is rectangular rather than that cool looking pyramid shape - the rectangular shape is fiddly to insert - that shape will be better.
 
Top