• Welcome to new DualSportBC Forum!
    To Log in on new forum you will need to reset your password first using "Log in" --> "Forgot your password?"
    Sorry for the inconvenience caused, but we trust it's a one time deal.
    If you encounter any issues please contact us at [email protected]

KAMLOOPS Ghost town

joker650

imported post

imported post

:clap:Yaaay...u found it :clap:

Next adventure.....

The old Bonapart Mine.......................... GO :f:

F

Fargo_Wolf

imported post

imported post

Have to ask my Dad about that. He lived in Merritt when he was a kid and knew the area really well.

sueandal

imported post

imported post

i'll have to bring a flashlight next time i ride with you guys !!

i have been in two mines over the years that i would like to revisit just to see if they still exist.

one was near north barrier lake and the other was in tulameen.

Al

cactusreid

imported post

imported post

there are a couple more in the area between kamloops and jocko lake on the south end of town. i remember riding by them years ago. we we used to ride from the " honda shop" which i think is now the polaris shop. there was a neat mx track in pineview vally. my buddy has a house on corner 3 if i'm not mistaken! it's no surprise that kamloops has produced so meny great riders when for years you could litralay ride from your back door into some of the best terrain anywhere. dammit where did spell check go?? oh well yous guis now whaat i mean!

Dorky

imported post

imported post

cactusreid wrote:
there are a couple more in the area between kamloops and jocko lake on the south end of town.
I still sneak up to those onesoccasionally :shock:. Iused to ride up there when I was a kid too.

joker650

imported post

imported post

Is this Morphing?

In my early teens...bought a 78XT500. HAd a prety good wipe out up at that trac.

Rode to Parett's HONDA/HARLEY shop and he fixed'r up right quick foe me.

Dada never even knew that I banged it up prety good on my first ride out.

Anyhooo. On the South face of the hill in Pine View where the houses are now, there was a shaft that went in quite a ways, I think it went all the way to the "Up Shaft" that is just in from the old Tobagan hill up the old Logan Lake hwy.

They blasted that shaft a few years ago before they built nost of the houses...safety reasons.

If u go up to STUMP lake, there is a big sandy beach on a point. Just up behind the lake on the side of the hill there are a bunch of BIG DEEEEEP shafts that go straight down.....and verry rickedt chain link arround them.

Easy to loose ur life up there drinking L8 at night...:ted:....don't ask !

joker650

imported post

imported post

Ok Here is one more that is really easy to get to.

As u drive/ride past the big quanset hut at the old Cherry Creek Ranch heading out of The'Loops towards Savona, u go arround a sharp left hander.

The next corner to the right look up on the sideof the hill on the inside of the corner, u will see a bunch of tailing rocks up there.

IN the mid 80's some friends of mine went and hiked deep inside the tunnel, they said there was old lanterns , hammers and shovels inside.

A few years L8trthe tunnel was plugged back up by someone with all the old tailings rocks.

In the last 8 years someone has pulled all the rocks back out it looks like...

Might be an "Adventure" in the making:)

sueandal

imported post

imported post

snackdaddy wrote:
where was the one in tulameen?

i am afraid i hardly remember, maybe ask at the gas station or find other local.
it was over 20 years ago and just a fluke. This is all i recall
We were on a FSR - not to far from tulameen maybe towards colemont-
we crossed a river that ran beside the FSR - no bridge- on offshoot 4x4 trail?
the opening was to the right on a hillside.
i may still have the pics - old school actual photos-
i will be searching the tulameen area a little this summer as i check out some of BC's backroads and post some new pics if i find it again.
good luck :)Al:)

prime

imported post

imported post

Do any of you fellas have gps coordinates or decent directions to the pinatan "ghost town"? I assume it isnt on private land by the pictures?:hb:

J

Jack

imported post

imported post

The co-ordinates to the Ghost Town are N50 41.601 W119 57.085. We went in off the Pinantan-Prichard road near Pinantan Lake at the old school with the tin roof. (IfI remember right it'slocated near where the paved road turns to dirt) The road has a sign that says its a dead end and theres No Trespassing signs all over the place. Ignore all that and keep heading South, you will come to a gate that looks locked, but isn't. Go through and you will come to the Ghost Town. Theres a road at the far South end of the Ghost Town field. If you take it you will drop down off of the plateau and come out at a very good road. Turn East and it will take you back to the Pinantan-Prichard road.

Wingman

imported post

imported post

That would be cool to go see. I think ill have to bug joker to go there sometime:cross:

sueandal

imported post

imported post

i made it into tulameen since my last post in this thread.
unfortunately came up with zilch. I asked around after filling up and one fellow sent me off but after a few hours i made my way back to the coquihalla toll booth exit and headed home.
maybe i will try again.......

al
hey wingman whats you favorite year etc. mustang?

Wingman

imported post

imported post

sueandal wrote:
hey wingman whats you favorite year etc. mustang?

I like the 1968 and 69 Gt's. :tup:

But ive got a 1990 lx, only a 4cyl but good on gas!!!

sueandal

imported post

imported post

ok wingman i am going to get a few pics. of the old GT's(and/or Shelby) at the langley good times cruise in for you. Its not held till sep.10th or so.
I wonder what age you are allowed to have cyber beer?

wingman:hb:al

joker650

imported post

imported post

Wingman wrote:
That would be cool to go see. I think ill have to bug joker to go there sometime:cross:

I think ya need a lisence for that ride :gaah:

....U get a hair cut yet?:)