Kamloops, I am out riding again May 28 2018

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
I know I should be looking for a job or doing something very important around the house.........but I am going out riding again. As unusual anyone is welcome to join in, ride will be dictated to the riders ability.

Same plan (or similar) from Kamloops to Tunkwa Lake thru Greenstone Area. there are a couple of things I would like to check out, a lot less dead ends this time. Well under 200 kms this time. Interested just post or pm me here

Can meet at the Petrocan at Versatile and TCH 10am, just look for the red and white Husky 310
 

Bora20

Administrator
How did you guys make out? I assume you poked around on the trail I sent you. Lots of sawing I bet.
 

Fbomb

Member
That was a fun day with little sawing. We found a nice trail previously used by cows, connected a couple or 3 roads on quad trails and ended up where we started (Chuwhels Lk)
PS almost forgot the huge water crossing at Inks Lk. Twice!
 
Last edited:

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
It was a really good ride, found connections from Dominic FSR across to Chartrand FSR that only the cows use (until now). Finding the connection to Charland FSR makes for a quick off road route to Logan Lake and a more Southern connection to Tunkwa Lake, now we can make a loop without doubling back on any tracks.

Door to Door for me was 100 kms

and the kml file for you gearth types attachment is below or here may282018chartrand.kml or the gpx may282018chartrand.gpx

fetch


Only took a few pictures

Inks Lake Crossing It does not show well but I would guess the water is around 2 feet deep, good to clean the rims and water my new wheel bearings
fetch


fetch



Fun old grade

fetch


And some good ol 2 track
fetch
 

Attachments

  • may282018chartrand.gpx
    51.2 KB · Views: 0
  • may282018chartrand.kml
    99.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Fbomb

Member
On the way out in the morning we followed the yellow lines under the water (Inks Lk) On the way home the water had risen enough that the lines were no longer visible through the deepest stretch and the waves were knocking us off course. Fish were not biting.
 
Top