Looking for some Kamloops Riders

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
I am looking to see if there are some Kamloops area dual sport riders here on this forum? In particular I am looking to see if there are some NEW to dual sport riders that are looking to get some riding in locally? Are you new to off road dual sport riding, and want to have a reason to use your DS bike and justify the insurance? Well I might be able to help. Oh Yea for guys that just want to go riding I am in for that too.

For those of you that dont know me, you will find many of my posts and pictures throughout this site and others. As always I am looking to give back to the sport that gave me so much over the years (truth be know I am just looking for people to ride with) Please don't be intimidated by all my posts and pictures, I am a experienced intermediate rider and can adjust my riding style for whoever I am riding with.

I like challenging off road rides and tough single track, most of those I ride with are on sub 650cc bikes. Since I ride a Husky 310 most of the time I keep the speed and distance reasonable. I also ride a Triumph Tiger 955i and will consider bigger bike rides if that's what you are interested in. However I am not a big fan of pavement. Presently I am not working so I have very flexible schedule.

I also volunteer on the Kamloops Loose Screw Dual Sport Ride so if you have not volunteered lately I will point you in the right direction (another reason to justify your DS Bike)

Please post here if you might be interested in creating some dust this year.

I will post in the This Week's Ride Kamloops https://forum.dualsportbc.com/forum...son-okanagan-region/this-weeks-rides-kamloops
of any rides I am heading out on that may interest others.

Thanks for reading and hope to see you out there soon

Tom Timmerman
 

filterx

Member
Taking into consideration how warm its been and if my July trip to Duffy Lake works out, it would be cool if you could come up one the days from July 5th to at least the Monday and meet some of the Thumper Talk dudes I'm introducing to the area. There is going to be at least one dude on a fully solo DS trip through the interior who is coming up for a few days, then me another another guy might being our DRZ's along with our dirt bikes and I'd like to do a day trip from Duffy to Chewels or Inks on the DS bikes to check out the areas.

I PMed you last year about the Loops but if your interest, let me know and I'll get you my contact info :)
 

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
filterx, thanks for the invite, just finished a loop around Chuwels, nothing too difficult but a lot of fun, no snow just lots of mud and mosquitoes. Now that I am getting to know my way around its only a short ride from my place to Chuwhels PM me and let me know where we can meet.

Tom
 

filterx

Member
Ya man cool pics and I need to get over and ride these areas off this side of Hwy 5 at some point :)

Out of interest, do you have the GPS PDF maps to use in Avenza for the 3 areas that the GKMA gives when you join?

Otherwise, once I know for sure I'll be at Duffy from the 5th on, Ill shot you a PM with my cell # etc.
 

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
Ya man cool pics and I need to get over and ride these areas off this side of Hwy 5 at some point :)

Out of interest, do you have the GPS PDF maps to use in Avenza for the 3 areas that the GKMA gives when you join?

Otherwise, once I know for sure I'll be at Duffy from the 5th on, Ill shot you a PM with my cell # etc.

Only just joined GKMA and have yet to find out the details of what they offer. There is a PDF map that you can get at this link
http://www.sitesandtrailsbc.ca/resources/REC1545/documents/Duffy-Greenstone Brochure.pdf

I have yet to progress from my Garmin GPS but I will check out Avenza

PM is good I check them every couple of days.
 
Top