Loose Screw 2010

Rock Chucker 1

New member
imported post

imported post

the Island boys are making the ride this year. couldn't get there last year but had a blast on the first event. probly 4 of us headin up. cant wait
 

joker650

Active member
imported post

imported post

Rock Chucker 1 wrote:
the Island boys are making the ride this year. couldn't get there last year but had a blast on the first event. probly 4 of us headin up. cant wait

We will reserve the gravel bar in the river for ya'll to set up camp.:clap:

It will be good to see u guys out this year.
 

Dorky

Moderator
imported post

imported post

joker650 wrote:
will reserve the gravel bar in the river for ya'll to set up camp.:clap:

:D Haaaa! You're funny. :D

It's great to hear the Islanders will make it this year. :clap::clap:
 

mrppen

New member
imported post

imported post

just rode the newbie ride at cultus last week good fun ride trying to get a couple more before the loose screw
 

04klr

Well-known member
pre ride hijack

pre ride hijack

a couple of shots from the B(plus sized), route.
Disclamer:hills shown may be steeper than they appear.




 

Dorky

Moderator
Loose Screw 2010 registration cutoff is July 22nd. A little over one month left....

Today would be a good day to send it in. I'm just sayin...

See y'all at Deadzone.

G
 

joker650

Active member
Wingman and I rode the section to the Merritt hwy last weekend. Too bad we can't do the ride at this time of the year...the water holes are DEEEEP....up over the front wheel.
Wingman was taking too long so I stopped and when he arrived he said
"Look at the mirror"

It was covered in mud allong with the one whole side of the bike and his riding gear. He fell over in a deep hole. HAHAHA
 
F

faststage1

Guest
Any more details on the two B loops? Hills, rocks, roots, logs. I'm hoping for a compelling arguement against taking my 990 on the B2.
Thanks
 

KTM-Bryon

Member
I just filled out the entry form and will be sending a cheque tomorrow. I was in the 'loops this spring riding some trails and they were fun (but very wet). Can't wait to get back and kick up some dust (I hope).
 

Dorky

Moderator
Any more details on the two B loops? Hills, rocks, roots, logs. I'm hoping for a compelling arguement against taking my 990 on the B2.
Thanks

Without knowing your talent level on the 990, I can't really say much. However, in general, I suspect that 95% of 800/950/990 riders will not have fun on B2. B1 is very much oriented toward a competent rider on a big bike, B2... not so much.

B1 has very few technical sections: a couple of short hills and some easy singletrack. It is long and is meant to be run fast - perfect for a decent rider on a big bike.
B2 has numerous technical sections. It's not too hard on a 400 but is a bit of a workout on a 650. Lots of rocks, a number of logs to jump, some skinny single track, rocky downhills, etc.

My favorite B2 section is the mud-flats entry into a twisty uphill covered with roots and rocks - partway up the uphill is the 16 inch log to jump and then a couple of quick sidewinder logs to finish. I wouldn't want to restart a 990 on that hill.

Cheers

PS - These never look like much in the photo but this is 5 feet down into the creek and back up again. Fairly skinny entry and exit for a 990.
920390298_75akj-L.jpg
 

Bora20

Administrator
The B2 is a workout on the 650, the 990 would be torture for most people. Unless you are 6'8, you would have a horrible time. There isn't even room for an ATV to come winch you out in places.

But...I have been wrong before and you might get the biggest steak if you make it back in one piece :D
 
I puit my entry form and cheque in the mail on Monday. I hope it gets there by thursday cause i want a t shirt and some dinner.
Sounds like it's going to be lots of fun, Yee ha.
 

Bora20

Administrator
Can i bring my camping trailer and park it in the field we're using for camping ?

Yes you can. The field is about 10 acres and there will be tents, trailers, motorhomes, campers, and buses there. It is right on the river so you can go for a swim whenever you want, but the river is still quite high so there may not be much of a sandbar at the moment.

We will have 7 portable toilets onsite also and there is a store/restaurant/fuel station about 3 km away.

LSDS 2009
627369947_eZbUZ-L.jpg


627375280_PnnZR-L.jpg
 
Last edited:
Looking forward to 2010 ride missed last year did C first year B second and now its time for the A route... so hard is it ?im on modded drz 400
 
Top