Orca Run- a BIG thanks to the organizers and sponsors!!

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
imported post

imported post

Thanks to all the Vancouver IslandDSBC group for another fantastic Orca Run. The A loop was perfect, everyone in our group found it to have everything we needed to challenge:shock: us all day long. The caterer did a great job as well. The campsite was fun too, was a little challenging walking around after the rain :woohoo:.

Some of us went for another ride on Sunday, which was fun all over again:bliss:but by the time we got back:(the campground was empty.

So we missed personally thanking all those who made the Orca Run possible:(

Thank You Orca Run Organisers

From the Bus People

Tom T, Mike D, Scott, Guy, and Ted

PS

Let us know when to send our money infor next year

fastlane

imported post

imported post

Thanks to all the organisers for a great event. :tup:
Well done to the weather organisers too! :ss:

I rode the B1 on my 2008 KLR with my twin sons on an XT250 and XT350 and I was physically stuffed on that ride!! Thanks to the Orange riders who assisted getting my beast of a bike up the greasy steep track.:help
Met some great people and overall had a very good time. We'll be back.

Attachments

• IMG_4588.jpg
    IMG_4588.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 0
imported post

imported post

Ditto on what everyone said. That B route rocked! Thanks Orka dudes for all the time you must've put in mapping it all out.

I liked all the three B routes. Each one had something unique and fun about it. Th B1 was most challenging. Liked all the Creek crossings in B3 and appreciated the "recovery" time in the easier B2.:woohoo:

2beers

imported post

imported post

ORCA was my first organized raid/ride and it set a very high bar for future rides. HUGE THANKS to all the tireless volunteers whose efforts made such a great event run so smoothly.

I ran the new Beta 525 on the B1 and B2 courses and, while the bike was more than up to it, I came to know that I have a lot to learn before tackling the A's. Although I definitely bonked well before the end my day, I got more than my money's worth. :tup:

Thanks again y'all.

S

slow-vee

Thanks guys, Great time!! Special thanks to all the riders helped me to get out the B route! or else I will be still stuck inside there. :clap: