• Welcome to new DualSportBC Forum!
    To Log in on new forum you will need to reset your password first using "Log in" --> "Forgot your password?"
    Sorry for the inconvenience caused, but we trust it's a one time deal.
    If you encounter any issues please contact us at [email protected]

Quilchena Creek to Lundbom Road/Lake

GivenToRide

Hey,

I am planning to head to Merritt this weekend and would like to head to Quilchena then south down the 'Quilchena Creek' road then up to Lundbom Lake and out to the 97c to connect with Kane Valley road.

Does anybody know if you can go from Quilchena Creek road to Lundbom? Any issues? Gates, road conditions etc.

See Google Earth KML attached. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

04klr

memory is telling me that I should remember going thru there,, certainly the valley bottom is a go, and i know that i've been thru from the hwy. once maybe twice. thinking you should be good to go.
another nice side road cutoff is from upper nicola take a right thru up and across the valley to the top of the connector hill approx 7k from kane valley rd.

GivenToRide

@04klr Not sure if you have Backroad map books. Is the other route you are talking about would be to continue up the Valley (Raspberry Road) until it comes out at the 97c just south of Courtney Lake? The map (and google street view) show a gate when you get to 97c. Just looking for a Plan B in case I cannot get up and over into Lundbom.

Attachments

04klr

no. the route (which is much shorter) i was mentioning dumps onto 97c almost across the hwy from the very top left red icon on the screenshot you posted, from there it follows the old hwy for a short spell (north) before veering under the hwy. and across to upper nicola, backroads lists it as Princeton cutoff rd.
i see the rd you are mentioning and i would assume there is a gate there and likely locked, though also likely there's a work around nearby if you plunk around some of the spur rds.