• Welcome to new DualSportBC Forum!
    To Log in on new forum you will need to reset your password first using "Log in" --> "Forgot your password?"
    Sorry for the inconvenience caused, but we trust it's a one time deal.
    If you encounter any issues please contact us at [email protected]

Seat recontouring - anyone know anyone who does seat foam?

Back in the day, there was a guy in parts at Holeshot who would moonlight doing custom seat recontouring. He did great work on my DRZ and KTM seats, but he's long gone, and I've got a seat project (want to lower a bit) that I'd like to get done properly.

Yeah, I could troll my social circle to see who has a turkey carving knife I could borrow and risk butchering an otherwise nicely contoured seat. But I value a job well done, so paying someone who knows what they're doing is probably the better choice. Plus, I don't own any planers or heavy duty staplers for reattaching the cover, so this looks like a job for someone with both tools and talent that I don't possess. I've seen ghetto buckled and wrinkly seat covers and just don't want to go there.

Am based in the South Surrey area, so ideally someone in the metro Van/Fraser Valley area. If you or someone you know does this, please pm me.

Thanks,

Daniel

Thanks Lag.

Funny, shortly after posting, I started wondering “why not try it?”

I had a spare seat-which was providential, as there was a fair bit of foam rot in the current. Bought some new grippy seat fabric for $30, and armed with Mrs. CM’s best kitchen knife and some flap wheels for sanding, I cut down the new seat and covered it, using the old one to practice on first.

Took way longer than a pro would have and made a couple of mistakes, but good enough, I think. Certainly, respect for the professionals who do this, it’s not easy work.

E53A5830-B67C-4A40-AE0E-7ABCB2F5E6A5.jpeg9AA667F6-8F80-4BBD-8B1E-79EE78E45090.jpegEA2A0F4A-5C73-4DC7-A719-ABB8B39E6F39.jpeg65463409-846D-4AB9-93BB-871403C3BE93.jpeg