Streetability of a KX450F

Tree

New member
Hey. I'm still new here and continuing to look for some information. Do KX450F's transform into a good supermoto or dual sport well? Can bigger gas tanks be acquired or even baja kits for them so that they could be made street legal? Just looking for some info about making it street legal. Thanks in advance.
 

bmw rocke

Member
imported post

imported post

I have street legaled my crf450x. It has a bit of an advantage to becoming street legal because it has a battery and head light already. It also has a wide ratio gear box stock. I think you can get a battery and lights but I don't know about a charging system for the KXF. The KXF 450 is a pure motocross bike made for tracks that don't need it to go over 50mph. It will go over 50 just not for long.

Now as far as street ability for the bike. I think it will make a killer super moto bike for racing. I don't think it will make a very good bike for regular street use. The new 450's are off Road RACING bikes not street bikes. They tend to be buzzy and geared short for extensive street use. These bikes are made to accelerate hard and then brake hard then repeat. Because of this the engine and carb are not set up for easy constant speed cruising down the road.

Do yourself a favor and take a new 450 for a long ride down a gravel road. It will be fun at first but you will find it buzzy and uncomfortable for a long ride. You will also notice the close ratio gear box is not conducive to this type of riding.

Just my opinion. Rocke
 

Tree

New member
imported post

imported post

Thanks so much for the reply. I was kind of skeptical of the possibility. But i figured id rather ask anyways. Thanks for the input!
 
Top