Sunday October 19th Rain or Shine

Airride

Member
imported post

imported post

Many Thanks tothe people who did all the work some of which I did not meet. The food and peoplewere great.

Thanks to Tom ,Walley, Sheldon? DRZSM(Gave up an inner tube to help poor Tom )whogot us through the route.

I loved every minute of it except the one creek crossing. (There was a Kawi rider (his name darn?? I can,nt remember) switched brands to ride my antique DR350 through the gulley without smashing it to pieces because at that point me and my twisted ankle had reached their limit)

My nephew who just got his learner license and one day permit also had a great time.

Cheers from Tim (oldest bike?) and Marc (KLX250)
 

JavaJude

Super Moderator
imported post

imported post

Ride Reporthttp://www.dualsportbc.com/photogallery/showphoto.php?photo=13309&size=big&sort=1&cat=777http://www.dualsportbc.com/photogallery/showphoto.php?photo=13309&size=big&sort=1&cat=777http://www.dualsportbc.com/photogallery/showphoto.php?photo=13309&size=big&sort=1&cat=777

SkidMark organized another AWESOME Fall Newbie Ride ! ! ! :dr:

At the Riders Meeting I counted 85 smiling faces. So we have once again shattered the record for attendance at theAnnual DualSportBCFall Newbie (Nubie, Noobie, Noob or Newb) Ride. We couldn't have asked for nicer weather. However there were a few folks who braved the chilly early morning and rode out to the event who would have preferred a little more heat. I think it took them until the lunch break to warm up.

Thank you to the members of the CMA who provide hot coffee and a delicious breakfast.

Thank you to Mike and his very helpful crewfromthe GVMC who provided a very tasty lunch.

A few of ourDSBC sponsorswere on hand to provide test rides and their professionalexpertise:

Marq and Roland from Western Powersports in Langley.

Mike and his guys from Pacific BMW / Yamaha in Richmond

Bill from 5th Gear in Richmond

Here are a few of the photos that I took:

Early in the morning, SkidMark and Hawk setting up signs at the staging area







:br:Not only did the CMA cook breakfast but they also brought out tables and chairs. They sure know how to do it right :tup:



Before the ride, everyone had the opportunity to check out the bikes. There were bikes of every size, make and model.







Shortly before 10am SkidMark began the Riders Meeting.









Tom did a second riders meeting for asmaller group of experienced riders that he would lead on a harder route over Church Mountain and then up Thurston Mountain.



Then the ride began . . . .



Eventually we all made our way to the lunch stop where these fantastic members of the GVMC had a hot lunch prepared and waiting for us



Pacific BMW/Yamaha were also there and they brought the BMW 1200GS, the F 800GS, 450-Xand the 650 X-Country out for test rides.









Roland from Western Powersports also had the Yamaha WR 250 available for test rides . . . . . . . yup, it's a nice dualsport ride. I took it out for a quick zip (unfortuantely I don't have any photos of that :().

:tup:What a GREAT day. It wasso nice to see old and new friends. SkidMark, you put on an excellent event. Thank you.http://www.dualsportbc.com/photogallery/showphoto.php?photo=13336&size=big&sort=1&cat=777

Our next event will be the Vancouver Motorcycle Show. Watch the forumfor more info and for your opportunity to come out and help at the DSBC booth.

-Judy-

To view all the photos from the Annual Fall Newbie Ride or post your photos of the event, please go to the photo gallery http://www.dualsportbc.com/photogallery/showgallery.php?cat=777&page=1
 
G

Guest

Guest
imported post

imported post

Looks like a lot of fun, and that a good turnout was had.



I see a Dork from the Loops even showed up. ;)



I may have to try and make this next year, looks like fun. :hb:
 
B

Blackbeast

Guest
imported post

imported post

A well oiled machine is all I can say.

My first ride out with dualsportbc & it sure won't be my last. Made alot of new friends and can't wait till the next ride.
 

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
imported post

imported post

Another crazy fun day:shoot:

I hope everyone on the harder loop enjoyed themselves? I had fun:)An amazing group of some 25 rider sticking together for the day, still dont know how we did it.

Thanks to all the people that did their bit to make this event happen, special thanks to Skidmark for making sure the rest of us did our job. My sweepers on the hard loop, eho stayed out till after dark to make sure everyone was in.

Here are a couple of pictures I took and you can find the rest in the DSBC photo-gallery

http://www.dualsportbc.com/photogallery/showphoto.php?photo=13342&sort=1&size=medium&cat=777


12008_noob_19_-med.JPG


7 AM Christian Motorcycle Association already getting set up

12008_noob_20_-med.JPG


12008_noob_22_-med.JPG


Brrrrrrr steam coming off the stream

12008_noob_30_-med.JPG


First stop on Church Mountain, just a quick head count and on to the viewpoint

[line]

Bunch of pictures of the creek crossing, hopfully will see some of this years noob on this next year

12008_noob_32_-med.JPG


12008_noob_37_-med.JPG


12008_noob_35_-med.JPG


12008_noob_33_-med.JPG


12008_noob_46_-med.JPG


12008_noob_50_-med.JPG


12008_noob_42_-med.JPG


12008_noob_48_-med.JPG


12008_noob_52_-med.JPG


12008_noob_62_-med.JPG


12008_noob_55_-med.JPG


12008_noob_58_-med.JPG
 

triplenickel

New member
imported post

imported post

Thanks to all that set the event up, it was my first but not my last. Thanks to Tom for guiding us on the advanced route, glad I ignored the no KLR's part because it was a perfect ride!:hb:





John
 

ruskin

New member
imported post

imported post

Yep, I dreamt that ride Sunday night. I really liked the pace, it was just right.

I stalled my bike trying to finnesse it too much at the creek crossing.I fell to the right and impaled myself on that log end there. My bike landed on my leg and all I could do was writhe around, like a bugstuck ona pin. Luckily Tomcycle was there and pulled my bike off me so I could get on and continue.

Later, on the last descent to the lunch break, I got a flat and Tom,once again, was there to help. I picked up some trail wisdom that day.

Also thanks to Al for lending a hand. The repair was over in no time.I would like to note that nearly every rider that passed asked if they could help.

Some other thoughts, nice clutch work on the Sherco climbing out of the creek,Old Trials Guy. Good to ride behind Triple Nickelriding that smooth KLR.

Anyway, I ended up with a scar on my right buttcheek from that log that resembles a human bite mark.Easier to explain to the wife when you return home with a dirty motorcycle.
 
Top