It's been awhile since I have ridden the Tamihi Area and I am sure it has been on some of you guys and gals To Do List. There is no Fall Nubee Ride
and the snow is only a couple of weeks away at best
The weekend weather is looking pretty damn good
So I said to myself "self you should go riding this weekend at Tamihi before you head off to Baja"
I will call this "Tom's Last Ride (till he gets back from Baja)"
Pick your day
Saturday October 13 0930 Tamihi Staging Area
Just a bunch of trails no real plan other than to ride
You can also join Reece as he is putting on an "A" Ride 100km loop, you will have to contact him for details, I will try and find out more
My ride will be leaving the Tamihi Staging Area (where I will be camping)
Sunday October 14 0930 Tamihi Staging Area
Not real organised other that we will be attempting the same route that Reece is doing
So will have to be on your game, better suited for the non faint at heart as this ride
will include many of my favourites
Parish Hill, Buffalo Jump, Run to the Border, Bordom Hill and a host of other fun trails totalling over 100kms (bike cant make 100kms? then you better bring gas)
Bring your own Lunch
If someone wants to put together a day ride for Nubies just chime in and I will try and accommodate with coffee and snacks
If I get a rough idea of whe is coming when I will try and have smokies available at the end but you have to bring your own beverages
Campfire will be free
Hope to see some of you show up
Thanks
Tom
Oh and here are some pictures from some of the trails we are going to ride
Tomahawk Bridge
Woody's
Tamihi Connector
The weekend weather is looking pretty damn good
So I said to myself "self you should go riding this weekend at Tamihi before you head off to Baja"
I will call this "Tom's Last Ride (till he gets back from Baja)"
Pick your day
Saturday October 13 0930 Tamihi Staging Area
Just a bunch of trails no real plan other than to ride
You can also join Reece as he is putting on an "A" Ride 100km loop, you will have to contact him for details, I will try and find out more
My ride will be leaving the Tamihi Staging Area (where I will be camping)
Sunday October 14 0930 Tamihi Staging Area
Not real organised other that we will be attempting the same route that Reece is doing
So will have to be on your game, better suited for the non faint at heart as this ride
will include many of my favourites
Parish Hill, Buffalo Jump, Run to the Border, Bordom Hill and a host of other fun trails totalling over 100kms (bike cant make 100kms? then you better bring gas)
Bring your own Lunch
If someone wants to put together a day ride for Nubies just chime in and I will try and accommodate with coffee and snacks
If I get a rough idea of whe is coming when I will try and have smokies available at the end but you have to bring your own beverages
Campfire will be free
Hope to see some of you show up
Thanks
Tom
Oh and here are some pictures from some of the trails we are going to ride
Tomahawk Bridge
Woody's
Tamihi Connector