Vancouver rider returning to the dirt after a long sabbatical

FunJimmy

New member
Hi Gang,

Let me introduce myself. I’m a Vancouver born Moto junky that goes by the nickname FunJimmy.
Started riding dirt bikes on an old Yamaha MX100 when I was a teenager and have never let the passion leave me.
Have owned a few dirt bikes including a trials bike back then but the last off road bike I owned was the venerable XR200R.
That was a great bike and I still miss it. Since those days, I’ve been keeping busy mountain biking, road cycling and having a blast on street bikes. A recent change in family status sees me with a bit more time to revisit a past passion. Today I purchased a 2020 WR250R and I’m itching to get out and explore. Would love to meet a few like minded bikers to explore the amazing south coast.

Cheers
Jimmy
 

lagbc

Active member
Welcome to DualSportBC, you choose a great bike, there are quite a few of DSBC members riding them!
 

onestroke

New member
Jimmy. I will be moving to Vancouver in September 2022 from my home in Vermont. I'll have my XR650L with me. Lets link up! I too have owned an xr200r. that was my first offroad bike. Sold it for a CRF230F. Sold that, went through a few other bikes. I owned a WR250R a couple years ago while my XR650L was stranded in Oregon after riding the TAT. It was a great bike. Do you have any advice for enclosed trailer parking near Vancouver? I will be driving my van from Vermont. Still have not found a place to live, but I am less concerned about that as I am a safe place to store my trailer and potentially my XR inside the trailer.
 
Top