Wanted.

Nataraja

Hey! I’m a new dude to dual sport bike riding and just found this thread! Can anyone recommend the best place and price to buy a dual sport style helmet with full face shield? I live in Vancouver. Thank you! Safe riding. 🏍 Nat

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
Helmets are a tough item to recommend, it's like boots, we all have differently shaped heads and what one of us considers comfortable others would never put on. Also, your riding is going to play a big part, mostly off-road calls for an MX or dirt helmet. I know its not much help but I have three helmets here at home. A System Helmet, my favorite road helmet, an Arai DS helmet, hardly ever wear and never when off-roading, and then a good old dirt bike helmet, I have to buy one per year as I where these often.

Nataraja

Helmets are a tough item to recommend, it's like boots, we all have differently shaped heads and what one of us considers comfortable others would never put on. Also, your riding is going to play a big part, mostly off-road calls for an MX or dirt helmet. I know its not much help but I have three helmets here at home. A System Helmet, my favorite road helmet, an Arai DS helmet, hardly ever wear and never when off-roading, and then a good old dirt bike helmet, I have to buy one per year as I where these often.
Thank you Tom! I appreciate your suggestions. Very helpful. Oh, I signed up for the DSBC membership. Did you receive my subscription info? And will I get a membership card or something to show I paid? Looking forward to the what’s next. I’m a new rider and looking forward to seeing where this takes me!!
Nataraja

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
Judy is in charge of memberships, I would expect you should get a package in the mail within two weeks. Please remember this is not her full time job and she does not get paid.;)

Nataraja

Judy is in charge of memberships, I would expect you should get a package in the mail within two weeks. Please remember this is not her full time job and she does not get paid.;)
Thanks Tom! Yes I am aware of dedicated efforts of volunteers. I waited a week or so before sending this inquiry! I will be patient just want to make sure payment was approved. Sometimes tech doesn’t work. Kind regards, nataraja

lagbc

Modern Motorcycling generally have the best price, Holeshot and International (both in Langley, near each other) have big selection. Honda Center is good too. I would just start with whatever is closest to you and see what they have in stock. :)

Nataraja

Modern Motorcycling generally have the best price, Holeshot and International (both in Langley, near each other) have big selection. Honda Center is good too. I would just start with whatever is closest to you and see what they have in stock. :)
Thanks Lagbc! I have hope I’ll find something now with these suggestions!! You’re awesome. Have a great day!
Nataraja

majorbedhed

Agree completely with IAGBC's offering. Modern Motorcycles has some great sales. Please also consider telling them you wish to be fully kitted out - and they will offer you discounts if you are doing helmet / armour / boots as a combo....but only for what is in stock. Honda Centre has great selection and the part people there are top notch all the way. Holeshot is going to have a massive selection, but less on the customer suppport / knowledge side of the equation based on my experience. If you know what you want, and they have it in stock - that will be a good choice, otherwise they are a high price low service option from my experience.