Westwood Plateau Skills Area

Farp

Active member
imported post

imported post

Hi guys, I'll see ya at the Ioco Esso at 10AM tomorrow.

John
 

chico

New member
imported post

imported post

I would like to join you fellas for a ride up eagle tomorrow if thats ok meeting at Ioco shell at 10:00 would be great
 

KTM-Bryon

Member
imported post

imported post

motorambler wrote:
By the way, what kinda mileage are we looking at doing (from the gas station)?

20km isa good ride up there from the Esso and 30km is an epic.



See you guys tomorrow.
 

Farp

Active member
imported post

imported post

Hey Patrick, the more the merrier, see ya tomorrow.

John
 
O

old trials guy

Guest
imported post

imported post

chico wrote:
I would like to join you fellas for a ride up eagle tomorrow if thats ok meeting at Ioco shell at 10:00 would be great

Seeyou all at the ESSO corner of Barnet and Ioco Road at 10.

otg
 

motorambler

New member
imported post

imported post

Awesome riding with you fellas today :clap: :clap: :clap: What is the area officially called? Is it Eagle Ridge, or Westwood Plateau, or something else? I can't wait to do this again & the 10 minute ride home can't be beat :cool:

Also, please email me any pictures you took (my address should be visible in my profile). Thanks! I will post mine in a bit, but right now I can only think of food and a shower :)
 

chico

New member
imported post

imported post

Thanks for the ride today guys that was thee rockiest road I've ever ridden. westwood plateau skills area good name bryan can't wait to do it again :clap:
 

Farp

Active member
imported post

imported post

It was a great ride indeed; one that covered everything from steep inclines covered in rocks the size of busted bowling balls, some fire road rambling and a little deep forest single track. This area used to be one of my favourites and I'm glad to see that there's still a lot of it left. Here's a GPS track of where we went today starting at the sub-station.

436Cypress_Lake_Feb_7_2009-med.jpg


Here are the photos I took:

436100207_112139-med.jpg


436100207_112110-med.jpg


436Group-med.jpg


436100207_112203-med.jpg


Man, we gotta be living in one of the best off-road riding areas in the world. I'm really looking forward to doing more riding on Eagle Ridge. Right now my arms feel like I spent all day doing push-ups and chin-ups so there's no doubt that rides like this can only make you stronger. Great stuff guys, looking forward to doing it again.

John
 
D

dirty sanchez

Guest
imported post

imported post

Bryon's an old, old, old (old) friend of mine from our mountain bike racing days. You guys should make a trip with him to Kamloops. I'm planning on showing him a little nugget called "something nasty". It could end up being 100kms of single track.
 

KTM-Bryon

Member
imported post

imported post

dirty sanchez wrote:
Bryon's an old, old, old (old) friend of mine from our mountain bike racing days. You guys should make a trip with him to Kamloops. I'm planning on showing him a little nugget called "something nasty". It could end up being 100kms of single track.
Ah, Kamlooops. I can't wait to stretch the 690's legs a bit. Wait a minute, you don't have a DS bike yet Sanchez. You're not allowed on here are you? Security!
 

KTM-Bryon

Member
imported post

imported post

Well the sun came out so I had to go for a quick rip. I am really starting to like Eagle Ridge for the location location location.

Here is the Super Natural BC shot:



And the viewpoint again with a view below (finally)



And the snowline is getting higher every week eh. Good for DS riders, bad for Winter Olympics. I got some fresh tracks on this road.

 
D

dirty sanchez

Guest
imported post

imported post

Are you doing self timer shots there Bryon? 'cause I know you don't have friends! har har har.....

I'm planning an off road Kamloops to Vernon ride for us once I actually hop about the DS train.
 

KTM-Bryon

Member
imported post

imported post

dirty sanchez wrote:
Are you doing self timer shots there Bryon? 'cause I know you don't have friends! har har har.....

I'm planning an off road Kamloops to Vernon ride for us once I actually hop about the DS train.

I have been taking snapshots from some Video's I shot of myself. Easier to get the timing right!

Bringon those off road routes.I have the Oregon 450 GPS on the top of my birthday wish list.

Check this shot out:

 

KTM-Bryon

Member
imported post

imported post

250ccforme wrote:
Those shots look really good for video grabs! Is the source video HD?

It's not HD, I think it's 640x480 from my Nikon P5100. It takes very nice 12MP stills and not bad video.
 
D

dirty sanchez

Guest
imported post

imported post

That rocky section looks tough

.... on a KTM 690.

On my YZ250 it probably would be 5th gear wide open. ;)
 
Top