2009 ORCA RUN General Discussion

L

Lonewolf

imported post

imported post

Looking forward to being able to make it this year Mike. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help out!!

Buck

imported post

imported post

We appreciate the offers guys... :tup:

As before, there will be many opportunities to help set this up.

As before, we must await spring for the snow to melt. :(

P

Pee Wee

imported post

imported post

BOOOooooooooooooooo Snow ..... :mad3:

I want summer now !!:ss::mi:

Big Booger

imported post

imported post

Count me in . Sign me up. I'm looking forward to meeting my fellow dual sporters on the rock.

Greg

Loz

imported post

imported post

So how about some feedback on the routes last year?

What about the roll charts? Did they work? I've been thinking about guided groups rather than roll charts, any comments?

The A/B route had some A to it I'd say but was it too much or not enough? Should there be a seperate A & B route?

Did everyone find the pub for lunch?

Jeeezz!!!! I can't wait :clap::dr::hf::mi::ss:

imported post

imported post

I wasn't there last year so mabey my opinion doesn't count, but I'd rather be in a guided group. I'm very excited to be going this year!

L

Lonewolf

imported post

imported post

GPS tracks for the A/B rote would be a nice touch, dont know if this happened last year... Will try to make it to the pre-ride if im invited and not working up in alberta. Cant wait!

TLGREEN

imported post

imported post

Loz wrote:
So how about some feedback on the routes last year?

What about the roll charts? Did they work? I've been thinking about guided groups rather than roll charts, any comments?

The A/B route had some A to it I'd say but was it too much or not enough? Should there be a seperate A & B route?

Did everyone find the pub for lunch?

Jeeezz!!!! I can't wait :clap::dr::hf::mi::ss:

I only did 2 routes last year before my fork seals blew out but, the 2nd one was pretty damn challenging.

I prefer the roll charts cause then, you can ride your own speed & even if you get lost, it is still fun & there is no pressure to complete a route if you don't want to.

Most of the time, if you are in a group, people get frustrated by jam ups & boys being boys, alot of time spent talking.... :mb:kidding!

Looking forward to doing this one for sure!!!

TL

hawk

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

imported post

I agree with TL, route charts if you have the time...makes it more fun and interesting. Half the fun is getting a little lost sometimes. I found the B Route had a few 'A' sections in it but hey, if a route doesn't give you a few tough times then it's just another ride. Whenever you hear people talking it's about this tough section or that where other riders (and friends) had to help out. It was a fantastic ride. Keep up the good work.

Hawk

tomcycle

Past President DSBC 2004 -2018
Staff member
imported post

imported post

I personally like roll charts, a lot more work but it shows.Not only do you need to knowhow to ride you also need some navagational skills.GPS would be interesting but I think it takes the adventure away, of finding your way through. I have done several guided rides and find any more that 4 riders it becomes too slow for most riders.

Tom

K

KLR Kid

imported post

imported post

I really appreciated the GPS waypoints for the C loop...especially when Jimbo turned them into a "route" and sent it around.

Is the plan to run the same C route as last year?

Hope the :mad3:snow is gone out of the higher elevations by then. On the other hand...it did add a bit of entertainment to the ride last year!

Whoever built this guy on the C Route must have had a few pints at the lunch stop! :D

Buck

imported post

imported post

The C route will be similar, there will be some higher elevation roads that were dropped from last years route because of snow.

Credit Slimy Limey and friends for the snowman. :spl:

04klr

imported post

imported post

full points for the snowman, minus points for the tube.

G

imported post

imported post

I'd like to attend. What level of rider is this event for?

S

SmokinJoe

imported post

imported post

I'm in forsure this year, and i got my girlfriend a bike and some practice she will be joining me. Went out and got all the light weight minimal camping supplies to start doing some overnighters on the bikes in the bush. I got my DRZ400 tuned up to where i want it and look forward to some challenging rides.

This will be a blast

Marte & Kristy in.

Kiwi

imported post

imported post

Tibarus wrote:

Riders of any level are welcome, from beginner to expert. There will be an A/B route and a C route.

G

imported post

imported post

Kiwi wrote:
Tibarus wrote:

Riders of any level are welcome, from beginner to expert. There will be an A/B route and a C route.

Sweet, I'm in then =3

G

imported post

imported post

Is there some manner of registration form?

L

Lonewolf

imported post

imported post

not yet, Im sure 00buck mike will make announcements when everything is rolling in that regard