old trials guy wrote:
Cousin Cletus wants to bring along his new bike

otg
*bursts out in laughter* XD

OTG, thanks... I needed that like a fish needs water =3

malachi

imported post

imported post

I prefer roll chart/route sheets myself, heck the guys/girls in the Dakar have to do it! The orienteering aspect of it is afun challenge......even the stress of getting lost:mad3:

If someone breaks down on a guided tour and accidently gets left behind....they have no way of knowing where the hell they are:?

My back is about 85%....should be good to start riding come April....just in time for the Orca....possibly finalizing the A/B route with TG6 etc...

F

Fargo_Wolf

imported post

imported post

:D Neat pic!!! Where did you get it, or did you take the pic?

Rambocycle

imported post

imported post

Loz wrote:
So how about some feedback on the routes last year?

Getting back on topic of the ORCA RUN here.

Hi guys.

You asked for feedback. I took the C route. If it is at all possible, could you please cut more of the pavement part of the road out and put a tiny bit more challenging routes in, either as harder options. I know for myself that I am not a B rider in any way, shape, or form. However I would like to be a bit challenged when it comes to riding the route. I certainly enjoyed the scenery a lot, but it really wasn't challenging either. Now, if that was your goal. Then you succeeded. Any any brand new rider would have enjoyed the ride immensely. I enjoyed it too, but I am not a brand new rider and like I said, would have enjoyed a bit more of a challenge.

Don't get me wrong. I think you guys did a heck of a job:clap::clap: and with the snow level where it was, you could not do more. We may have a bit of a problem with that again this year I understand. Hopefully will get a lot more sun earlier to melt the snow away. :ss:

I am hoping to make it out again this year to ride...my work may get in the way however, but hopefully not.

I liked the route sheet too.. A guided tour wouldn't be bad if you were only expecting a small amount of people, but more people, you tend to lose some or have to wait ...then it takes the fun out of it.. Stick to the route sheets they worked good.

Thank you all for doing a great job last year and looking forward to an even better ride this year !! Keep up the good work!! :dr::dr:

Loz

imported post

imported post

Thanks for the feedback and and for getting us back on topic. We do hope to improve on the routes this year and I'm sure you're not the only one who likes a bit of a challenge. We'll try to get a little dirty on the C loop.

We had a meeting last week and have started organising and will soon post some info about the event as we get the plan shaped up. Meanwhile please keep the feedback coming.

claw

imported post

imported post

with a-b-c loops keep the loops enjoyable for all if c is to easy for sometime to move into a b loop. looking forward to this event. post when you are doing some trail clearing and i will try to make it over to give you a hand.

SubMann

imported post

imported post

A challenge we have is the step between an easy "C" and a difficult "B". There is little in-between in these parts. We are trying though and there is a lot of discussion amongst the planners on this subject.

Keep the feedback coming. We want this ride to be challenging and fun for YOU!

Loz

imported post

imported post

Just thought I'd mention that the guided rides I'm thinking of would be small groups lead by locals. Maybe not practical for all tho'. This kind of happened nasturally a bit last year and I'm sure it will happen again. Meanwhile we'll go for roll charts on all routes and hope you can make sense of 'em.

We're gonna try for GPS tracks too and want to post those files and the roll charts somewhere prior to the event.

TLGREEN

imported post

imported post

Loz wrote:
Just thought I'd mention that the guided rides I'm thinking of would be small groups lead by locals. Maybe not practical for all tho'. This kind of happened nasturally a bit last year and I'm sure it will happen again. Meanwhile we'll go for roll charts on all routes and hope you can make sense of 'em.

We're gonna try for GPS tracks too and want to post those files and the roll charts somewhere prior to the event.
I won't bother with the roll chart then Loz, I'll just tie a rope to the back of your bike...:D

Loz

imported post

imported post

Amusing image............but ultimately doomed to failure I fear.

Aflica

imported post

imported post

Hey Loz , Will any of the routes be offroad (no plate) Friendly ? , If so , i would be interested in possibly being one of the locals.

Steve

joker650

imported post

imported post

SO last year some of the B-route pics looked prety A'ish :hr:

Heard some tails also.;)

U think it would be doable with a 950? :shock:

Loz

imported post

imported post

Doable in places and quite a challenge in others. What you need sir is the B route. We're hoping to be able to separate A & B routes, but that's also quite a challenge.

It's too early to say, as we haven't planned routes yet but for sure there will be large chunks of off road so no plate might work.

Aflica

imported post

imported post

Let me know about route planning , i would like to give a hand to that . Do know one or two trails in the Kapoor/Weeks lake area , as well as a couple in the Backyard too. And we are going strong on making new sections in the Backyard right now . Got another 1/2 click in last weekend with many thanks to Juilus and Beanaround and Quaff , as well as some other non members for the scouting and Saw work. Were working on conecting the many pieces we have in a flowing order ,as well as taking a page from the Whiskey Creek trails and packing in a lot of trail in a relatively small area.

Steve

Loz

imported post

imported post

Cool, sounds like a good A route shaping up. We'll post details of how to get involved soon and are hoping for some help so the offer is appreciated.

Now if I can just find time to get my bike back together I'll come over and check out those new trails :tup:

Loz

imported post

imported post

BTW we're having a meeting on thursday night at the six mile pub. 6.30 for 7.00, all are welcome to come along and get involved or just have a beer.