2009 ORCA RUN General Discussion

imported post

imported post

Hey Bren! I guess thats good for us! The river road is the best to the ferry!

How about to meet at Columbia and 12th street in New West cause is the way you go anyway. Thats a PetroCanada there! Let my know!

Cheers BO

RiskMan

imported post

imported post

ScottM604 wrote:
I have never been to an event like this before, I am making my list of things to pack. Do I need to bring food and cooking equpment or can I just eat out for the meals that are not provided

Scott

Shawnigan is a small community with a small pub, relatively upscale restaurant with limited operating hours, a coffee shop and a couple small grocery markets. All this is about 10-12 minutes from the campsite. Mill Bay is about 10 minutes past that and has a few more eateries and a Thrifty Foods.

Cheers,

Riskman

Buck

imported post

imported post

Lonewolf wrote:
I wouldnt worry about holding people up, just tag along with a group, half the fun is getting everyone through the obsticals... Wouldnt be nearly as many memories or laughs if everyone just rode through without issue.

As with you hitting a tree on the Saturday pre ride Pat?? :Stir

Seriously though... hope your knee and bike heal in time for the event! :tup:

G

imported post

imported post

franhoser wrote:
Thanks Kiwi,

I'm planning on taking the 1pm ferry and taking the direct route via Mill Bay Ferry. I don't have time to go earlier (havefew things to do in the morning)and I don't really want to ride around twistie roads with my knobies. I would even consider a later ferry if someone is intrested in that. I think the 3pm ferry is the latest we can take to catch the last Mill Bay Ferry.

Tibarus, others are taking an earlier ferry and the scenic ride if you're intrested, see:

http://www.dualsportbc.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=8060&forum_id=84

Trust me, your best bet is the 1 pm, traffic wise for us coming from Vancouver and such.

So we're meeting at that Esso... Or is it a petro canada station just on ladner trunk?

I

IanB

imported post

imported post

Are the GPS route downloads available in advance, or is it done at registration ?

Cheers Ian

Phoenix

imported post

imported post

IanB wrote:
Are the GPS route downloads available in advance, or is it done at registration ?

Cheers Ian

Yep, what IanB asked wonderingabout GPS tracks and roll chart sheets, got my scissors and tape ready:p.

Cheers, Alex.

Kiwi

imported post

imported post

The GPS tracks and roll charts will be emailed out tonight hopefully, ortomorrow at the lastest.

L

Lonewolf

imported post

imported post

Buck wrote:
Lonewolf wrote:
I wouldnt worry about holding people up, just tag along with a group, half the fun is getting everyone through the obsticals... Wouldnt be nearly as many memories or laughs if everyone just rode through without issue.

As with you hitting a tree on the Saturday pre ride Pat?? :Stir

Seriously though... hope your knee and bike heal in time for the event! :tup:

Hahahahah, Exactly Mike!

Bike is fine and the knee is almost there ;)

claw

imported post

imported post

o.k dumb question. i have a hand held garmin do we put way points in or is there a way to down load it to my garmin ?.

L

Lonewolf

imported post

imported post

claw wrote:
o.k dumb question. i have a hand held garmin do we put way points in or is there a way to down load it to my garmin ?.

What model garmin?

Buck

imported post

imported post

Many of us followed the Dakar Rally 2009 as it unfolded in Argentina/Chile last January.

Local rider DON HATTON, the only Canuck to enter this year, has offered to set up a display of his Dakar prepared KTM and speak about his experience in the rally. He will answer your questions as well.

Thanks Don, we look forward to your visit to the Orca Run!! :tup:

Buckethead

imported post

imported post

Buck wrote:
Many of us followed the Dakar Rally 2009 as it unfolded in Argentina/Chile last January.

Local rider DON HATTON, the only Canuck to enter this year, has offered to set up a display of his Dakar prepared KTM and speak about his experience in the rally. He will answer your questions as well.

Thanks Don, we look forward to your visit to the Orca Run!! :tup:
WOO HOO!!

ScottM604

Super Moderator
imported post

imported post

hey guys i would like to join your ride, i stashing my gear on toms bus. i live in surrey, i could me you in delta like at the esso at the bottom of nordel way just before river road?

Scott

DRZSMS

imported post

imported post

Hi Scott,

Welcome to join us at the mentioned Esso station around 9:30am. We will meet another 3 riders coming from New West. Traffic is going to be busy at this time so Bo wants us to get to the ferry by 10:30am if possible.

Where in surrey are you leaving from?
I'll be coming in from Fort Lang. Either taking 96 or 88 depending on traffic chaos.

Drop me a note what time you expect to be there.

We need just a couple more bikes to get a group rate discount.:clap:

Ciao!

Bren

imported post

imported post

A buddy and I are planning on going over on the 11am ferry as well. We are coming from south Langley, will be taking hwy 99, ladner trunk road, hwy 17 to the ferry. Could meet up at the Esso in Ladner or at the ferry terminal itself.

Aaron

Good 350R

imported post

imported post

There are three of us planning on making the 11:00 Ferry. Coming from Abbotsford.Should be a good number of DSBCriders on this ferry :hb:

by the looks of the posts. Ken

DRZSMS

imported post

imported post

Looks like we have about ten bikes and counting! This should make the minimum limit for a group discount.

Should we make a 10am pit stop at Ladners Esso to meet the other group coming from abby?

And Just In Case! We should try to find a spot along the beach before the terminal entrance at 10:30am where we can all group up before paying the toll.

If its not possible to hook up with us then no worries. We'll find you on the ferry with Tom and the DSBC gang.

:hb: