2009 ORCA trail scouting, GPS, flagging and pre-rides

L

Lonewolf

imported post

imported post

See you guys in the morning! Will be bringing one more with me too.

11:15ish @ the park? never been before soo i dont know where 'the gate' is... Someone gimme a call or text on my phone in the morning if i've got this wrong.

Patrick
250-927-7802

Aflica

imported post

imported post

Im a late comer this morning , so if your able to ,you should try for 9:30 at the Park (Burnt Bridge) if not you can meet up a little later for 11:15 ish at the gate at the bottom of Kapoor , thats when i'll arrive. Loz will be meeting me then , tho he will have aready marked out some sections.

Steve

L

Lonewolf

imported post

imported post

Okay, well, i will be there @ the Prov. Park @ ~9:30 then!

Buck

imported post

imported post

Will meet you there or at the Orca campsite, along with Scott and Pat.

Aflica

imported post

imported post

I just wanted to thank all the people who helped out with the, not so much fun at times , task of hanging arrows and making tracks for the A and B loops. And im sure the task of laying out the C loop was just as much fun (work) as the other loops. It was great to meet a bunch of new faces and look forward to seeing you all again this weekend. Im sure everyone will enjoy the efforts of the dedicated riders who have taken on the task of the Orca Run. Once again , thank you

Steve

L

Lonewolf

imported post

imported post

Was great times until I decided to tangle with that tree head on... (note to self: try not to grab so much throttle while bouncing out of control) Knee is slightly better today, the swelling is down but still all sorts of black and blue.

Took a careful look at the bike this afternoon and managed to bend all sorts of braketry behind the headlight, I'll have to spend a couple hours and fix that this week, the front wheel took a good hit too and while not overly out of round i'll have to do some spoke tweaking to get it all tightened back up.

I have a GPS track of what we did but i wont be much help editing it as im not sure what to cut out and what to leave in it seeing as we did a bit of the b loop and then jumped into some A loop stuff etc...

Being a first timer to riding that area I guess i'm easy to impress but I have to say there are some awesome trails up there guys! Thanks for the tour and the words of encouragement (i know im not an A level rider :p)
:hb:
Might have to pick up a trials tire and fit it this week, very impressed with the way they were working for you guys!

Bugsinteeth

imported post

imported post

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say I had a great ride on the weekend with the Island gang pre riding the Orca run.

Good bunch of guys with Pat x2, Steve x2, Russ and myself.

Many thanks to the guys for picking my bike off me on several ocassions. Won't see you at the official ridethis weekend, have a great time. Hope to see you all up in Spences Bridge for the Dead Zone.

Anyone riding the A course is in for a Hoot. Trials tires seem to be the tire of choice amongst the locals and they know how to make good use of them. You've been warned!

Thanks to Loz, Steve, Russ and I'm sure many others, that have been putting in lots of effort to make the routes come together.

Cheers,

Bugsinteeth

L

Lonewolf

imported post

imported post

speaking of Trials tires... I had to try it, this weekend should be a good learnign experiance ;)

r90q36.jpg