2009.....?!?!

Hooligan

imported post

imported post

klxer wrote:
Nice, I see you got a windshield - very cool. Would love to take it for a spin.

That was the first thing I yanked off, but at 120 and 3 degrees I yearned for wind protection. I guess there is a trade off, this comes with age....it works just great thought.
Maybe she goes to Odessa next year.....still pondering. I need to do some serious work to the 450 this winter, if I get it all done I will again line the fence with the 450 in 09. If not the 950 might just be the bike....:tup:
:hb:

R

rally 540

imported post

imported post

hmm Africa 09.... hmmm how does it go ....... LETS GETTIT ON !!!

R

rally 540

imported post

imported post

But if its dunes and riverbeds i am riding this

so its easier to do this

B

burgerd

imported post

imported post

Eishhh Wêna!

So Ken, if I send my 450 over to your house, will you do the conversion? I'll even open all you beer for you!

Very well done!

cheers

burgerd

R

rally 540

imported post

imported post

howzit china !!

you get the parts i will put them on !!!

B

burgerd

imported post

imported post

sweet my china!

i must just figure out where to get the $$'s, theni turn the 450 into a 540 with some long range. i would also need more crash bars around the sides, bottom & top of the bike.... you made the rear tanks yourself?will speak to you some time.

cheers mate!

b.

Hooligan

imported post

imported post

I am Jay wrote:
Where does the line up start for taking it for a spin?
The more I ride this bike the more I am thinking Odessa......maybe we will have a try the "Super E" day at Odessa.....:tup:

Hooligan

imported post

imported post

rally 540 wrote:
hmm Africa 09.... hmmm how does it go ....... LETS GETTIT ON !!!
That 540 needs to see Rhino Camp, we will be on those Rhinos and Elephant in a heartbeat. The Ugab River will turn into Le Mans.....:dr:

I will start the route on GPS this weekend, see you Saturday.

R

rally 540

imported post

imported post

klxer wrote:
Hooligan wrote:
Rumour has it we are going in Dec 09 for 3 weeks on the ground. Formatmight bedifferent.....:tup:

Lets see your new ride!

Carel our bikes always seem to be waiting for the others ;)

always lotsa time for pictures waiting for the others to catch up ... this time at the start of Macmillian pass Yukon

R

rally 540

imported post

imported post

and again .... but i digress

and we were talking about Africa

where all the hot chicks hang out

and you never knowwho you will meet on a country road

and you have all the amenities of home

and photo op's

and blockers ass

Hooligan

imported post

imported post

PLANNING UPDATE:
At the moment we are looking at again starting on the West Coast in Namibia, same place as last time, then up north towards Etosha where we will take a day off to do a 4x4 Safari, game viewing etc.
Then move East through the Caprivi and into Zambia at Katima. We will spend some time at the Victoria Falls in Livingston before moving further East towards Lusaka and onto Chindola where we wil visit a Chimpanzee refuge.
From here further East through Zambia to Tanzania, then via Dodoma North toward the Serengeti.
Being the climax of the trip we are going to take some time off at the Ngorongoro Crater for a few days of Safari, game viewing generally spending time at the lodge doing day and even night game drives.
We will then head for Mount Kilimanjaro where we plan on spending the night at the basecamp Hotel from where the hickers start.
Then South towards Malawi following the lake for a few days (did some one say beach party?) We will exit Malawi at the most Southerly border and once in Mozambique head for the East coast of Africa, this is a warm ocean with white sandy beaches, caribean style.
We will stay one night in the capitol Maputo before heading for the border with Swaziland, a landlocked kingdom smaller than Vancouver Island. We then enter South Africa and head for the capitol of Kwazulu Natal, Durban, from where we pack our bikes, ship them and fly home.
We are trying to stay under 10,000km with about 23 days of riding.
Well planning is progressing and we should have something firm pretty soon.

S

stutoot

imported post

imported post

You told me about this trip at the M/C show. Just the thought of this trip " maak my jags"! What dates do you have in mind? I think you mentioned December 2009? I also have a riding buddy who is dead keen to go.

Stutoot.

Hooligan

imported post

imported post

stutoot wrote:
You told me about this trip at the M/C show. Just the thought of this trip " maak my jags"! What dates do you have in mind? I think you mentioned December 2009? I also have a riding buddy who is dead keen to go.

Stutoot.
"Jags" is always good my friend....very good.:tup: (Moer, maar ek het dit lanklaas gehoor....)

We built a website with all the info this time, I will post it here once done. Looks like Carel might finish it this weekend. At the moment we are departing Walvis Bay on the 10th Dec 09, we will arrive in Durbs on the 7th January 2010.
Some Highlights:
Christmas in the Serengeti.
New years in Mozambique, on a white beach.
Victoria Falls,
Etosha National Park,
Chimfunzie,
Lake Malawi,
Mount Kilimanjaro,
etc....

Attachments

• v2.JPG
    v2.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 0
S

stutoot

imported post

imported post

This route looks great.
grinning-smiley-003.gif

What part is black top and what is dirt?

I would think all the way up to Vic Falls is dirt for sure,what aboutthe rest?

Stutoot.:hr:

Hooligan

imported post

imported post

Stutoot,

Actually the Caprivi is now blacktop, been like that for a number of years, (did you know fyndraai has been tarred?)The salt roads along the Skeleton Coast is kinda dirt but more like blacktop, the road from the Skeleton Coast park to Etosha is about 50% gravel, the rest BT.

The Zambia roads are all blacktop,

Most of the Tanzania roads at BT. The dirt section in Tanz isthe one too and from Dodoma leading to the Serengeti. From the Seregeti to Moshi is 50% gravel.

Malawi mostly BT with a few shortcuts as gravel.

Malawi will also be mostly BT with a couple sections gravel.

Swaziland all BT, also SA will all be BT.

Total Gravel I guess at 2000km, balance BT.

K

klxer

imported post

imported post

:dr:Stutoot, welcome aboard! :ss:

Hmmm, that's 2 boertjies and 1 soutie, should be awesome! Maybe when the weather turns, we could hook up for a beer or something? And as I type this it starts to snow :X

Where is your buddy that was interested? :hb: